Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sooo Dissapointing....

Old 09-01-2008, 10:51 AM

Default RE: Sooo Dissapointing....

Patience, Persistence, Perseverance.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not over till its over, any one thats been doing this for any amount of time has had some disappointments. I am sure with all the time and work you put into it you will get another chance, just may not be at the same one. Good Luck.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys.....

I THINK the shot still wouldve been a little high even if he wouldnt have completely ducked it but next time IF I get a chance It wont be too hi or too low.....it WILL be dead on. I cant control what the deer is going to do but I WILL make SURE that everything I do will be as good as I can do it.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Plenty of time man, I'm sure you're gonna connect!
We've all been there, you did'nt expect all of them to just cooperate did ya?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

i know what you mean. I missed two nice bucks last year after hitting a limb. All you can do is get back out there!

rick

Old 09-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't worry BHB. A few more weeks you can look back at this and say that you evened up the score Maybe even sooner
Old 09-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

Thanks guys.....

I THINK the shot still wouldve been a little high even if he wouldnt have completely ducked it but next time IF I get a chance It wont be too hi or too low.....it WILL be dead on. I cant control what the deer is going to do but I WILL make SURE that everything I do will be as good as I can do it.
Bailey, we have all been there or will be there one day!!!!! Maybe next time you can get him a little closer and take away some of the time he has to duck....Good luck to ya and keep your chin up!!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep....I already moved the climber to the base of a new tree that I had limbed earlier and I beleive this is gonna do it if he comes in I believe I will get him. Its a closer shot AND there is many more trails AND it was nothing near the hard downhill angle that I had this morning. It looks promising and if he doesnt show I guess ill just bring the camera and start taping the smaller bucks and does and fawns. Atleast I am seeing constant deer travel in the early morning and then again at around 11.....so hopefully hell decide to show in a while. i doubt it will be tommorrow which will be the last day before school starts and then I am limited to the amount of hunting I can do but then atleast my scent will not be in there nearly as much.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

It happens to everyone who hunts. Don't be too down...just look at it this way, you fooled him and got within 40yrds of him. That's success in itself.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't be so disappointed.While you're sitting in a treestand,there's alot of us sitting in front of a computer waiting for our openers to happen.Also,don't aim high shooting downhill-you'll go over his back every time

Quick Reply: Sooo Dissapointing....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.