Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? ABOUT BOW SPECS

Old 08-29-2008, 08:41 AM

Default ? ABOUT BOW SPECS

For example, if a bow was out of spec...7 in BH is now a 6 Bh do to longer then normal strings being put on, how does that affect the speed of the bow....does it increase speed do to the shorting of the brace height and added draw length or does it decrease it do to the cam being outta wack and less preload on the limbs..should it be less poundage also? what do you guys think
Old 08-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ? ABOUT BOW SPECS

i would think that it would make it faster but it would probly also be harder on the limbs but I am no expert

rick
Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM

COME ON FELLAS..i know some of you guys are really educated when it comes to this stuff...I gotta get more than one guess
Old 08-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im going to say the bow would be a tad bit faster but again, you may also be exceeding the limbs peak strengths
Old 08-29-2008, 01:54 PM

You are completely changing the angle of the cams and limbs, and probably will give the cam a wierd feel when drawn. Never tried it though.
Your speed should be slower if your strings are too long, as your limbs will not be compressed as much, your draw weight will be significantly reduced, and I dont think the draw length would offset this.

BTW, why would you want to do this?
Old 08-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shrewbeer

You are completely changing the angle of the cams and limbs, and probably will give the cam a wierd feel when drawn. Never tried it though.
Your speed should be slower if your strings are too long, as your limbs will not be compressed as much, your draw weight will be significantly reduced, and I dont think the draw length would offset this.

+1
Old 08-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shrewbeer

True but the draw length will be much longer if the string is that much too long.BUT,I feel the cam will be so far out of whack that it would be a dog as far as speed is concerned.