Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Bear hunt 2008

Old 08-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Minnesota Bear hunt 2008

Well I'm heading out either tonight or early tomorrow morning for my bear hunt up in northern Mn that starts the 1st of September. We do all of our own baiting and stuff, no guides here! 90% of my stuff Is up and ready to go. The recurve will be the last thing packed being I plan on doing some more shooting yet today before I head out. I'm excited as heck and don't plan on being back home till Sunday the 7th. I won't have any internet access being were tenting It In the area we hunt, nothing but woods and rivers, timber wolves and bears! I love It, It don't get no better then this. Hopefully I'll have a few pics of bear that we were fortunate enough to get and If not Its still nice just being out there and enjoying what mother nature has to offer.

Also a shout out of good luck to some other bear hunters- MN/Kyle, Sandilands, Rackluster, Oakcreek, _Dan and who ever else I missed good luck to you as well. To you elk hunters too that take off when I'm gone, good luck to you all as well. I really miss my elk hunting, I envy you guys!!

Take care!!
Old 08-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Minnesota Bear hunt 2008

Good luck Schultzy!
Old 08-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have a bearygood time Steve. hope you poke a big one. I hope your not too far back in - those bottles get heavy after a while.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Have a bearygood time Steve. hope you poke a big one. I hope your not too far back in - those bottles get heavy after a while.
Lmao!!! That was a good one.

Thanks also Rory.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

good luck! that would be a blast!

rick

Old 08-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

good luck schultzy! be sure to let us know how you did. I'm leaving sunday night. I can't wait!!!!

a bear with a recurve....hmmmm...that definitely sounds exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

oh, this should get you bear hunters in the mood. It's under 3 minutes long.

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...07bearhunt.flv

Old 08-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Schultzy, you lucky dog! I've applied for tags in Minnesota for 5 out of the last 6 years and still haven't been able to get one. I have a friend who lives NE of Fargo and he takes a giant every year. A couple of years ago he sent me a pic of a 550 lb boar he took. Good Luck! Stay Safe! & HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

sounds awesome. my brother in law is doing the same thing only in Michigan. a do it yourself bear hunt.... also with a home made longbow........and homemade arrows. he put in for 5 years before he got drawn.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy
I'm excited as heck and don't plan on being back home till Sunday the 7th.
Dude, that is awesome you get to be up there so long. Kinda sucks it starts on aMonday, Iget to hunt monday night, and then drive the 1.5 hrs back to school[&:]So if I'm lucky enoughget one, it will be a late night (but worth it)

I wish you luck, bud. Looking forward to the pics, and story.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Bear hunt 2008

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.