Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Bear hunt 2008

Old 08-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Minnesota Bear hunt 2008

Have fun and be safe Steve! Good luck man!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

oh, this should get you bear hunters in the mood. It's under 3 minutes long.

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x158/rackluster/Misc/?action=view&current=2007bearhunt.flv
That video was awesome!!! Thanks for sharing that!! Good luck.

sounds awesome. my brother in law is doing the same thing only in Michigan. a do it yourself bear hunt.... also with a home made longbow........and homemade arrows. he put in for 5 years before he got drawn.
We do all of our own baiting and hunting as well. Good luck to your brother in law.

Schultzy, you lucky dog! I've applied for tags in Minnesota for 5 out of the last 6 years and still haven't been able to get one. I have a friend who lives NE of Fargo and he takes a giant every year. A couple of years ago he sent me a pic of a 550 lb boar he took. Good Luck! Stay Safe! & HAVE FUN!!!!
Thanks Mark!! What zone are you applying In? That seems odd you still haven't been drawn!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck guys... can't wait to hear how you do.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been applying for the No Quota Zone up in the extreme Northwest corner of the state. I really want to go up there for two reasons: 1. Da Bears; and 2. My grandfather had a farm up there in the early 1900's. The place that was the farm is now inside a state park, but I was told that the foundation of his cabin is still there. Since my grandfather passed away when my father was 7 years old, I just want to check out the farm area and stand in the same place as him once.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck Schultzy!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Been applying for the No Quota Zone up in the extreme Northwest corner of the state. I really want to go up there for two reasons: 1. Da Bears; and 2. My grandfather had a farm up there in the early 1900's. The place that was the farm is now inside a state park, but I was told that the foundation of his cabin is still there. Since my grandfather passed away when my father was 7 years old, I just want to check out the farm area and stand in the same place as him once.
Mark, you do not need to apply for a license In a no quota area. Trust me you do not need to! You buy a no quota license over the counter. No lottery involved in any no quota bear hunting areas. In the no quota areas you can also shoot 2 bear. I bear hunted in the Roseau area my 1st 2 years bear hunting. I was able to shoot a bear each year luckily.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Mark, you do not need to apply for a license In a no quota area. Trust me you do not need to! You buy a no quota license over the counter. No lottery involved in any no quota bear hunting areas. In the no quota areas you can also shoot 2 bear. I bear hunted in the Roseau area my 1st 2 years bear hunting. I was able to shoot a bear each year luckily.
Beat me to it, Steve.

AF, I actually live in a no-quota area. As stated, you get two bear tags and do NOT need to enter in a drawing. OTC.

I have a fellow HNI'er coming, next year, we'll just go buy his tag when he gets here.

Good catch Steve.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Beat me to it, Steve.

AF, I actually live in a no-quota area. As stated, you get two bear tags and do NOT need to enter in a drawing. OTC.

I have a fellow HNI'er coming, next year, we'll just go buy his tag when he gets here.

Good catch Steve.
Whens the latest he can buy a tag Kyle for a no quota? I think he still can If I'm not mistaken.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Steve, we're not expecting to see anything under 400lbs from you. Again, good luck, and be safe!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Beat me to it, Steve.

Good catch Steve.
Whens the latest he can buy a tag Kyle for a no quota? I think he still can If I'm not mistaken.
Sure can, right up until the day it opens.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Bear hunt 2008

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.