Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best of the "fast" bows?

Old 08-27-2008, 07:10 PM

Default RE: Best of the "fast" bows?

Got an xforce hf, 6" brace. Extremely accurate and fast. With the 6" brace, if I am out of form the thing will bite me pretty good. If i grip it and put torque on the bow, it bites. If i dont get my arm straight out from my shoulder with my elbow in the correct position, it bites. The consistency of my form from the shoulder forward has become tenfold better because of this.

The dream season is a 7 inch brace, and are you sure you shot one at bass pro R700? As far as I know, PSE will not sell any pro series bows to anyone but non-corporate pro shops.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:27 PM

I really, really wish that Bowtech would offer the 82nd with 50lb limbs. I could get the 50-60lb model, but it'll never be cranked past 55lbs, if that. Just not enough muscle here.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

I really, really wish that Bowtech would offer the 82nd with 50lb limbs. I could get the 50-60lb model, but it'll never be cranked past 55lbs, if that. Just not enough muscle here.
So shoot it at 50. I have the 101 in the 60 to 70 and with the switch to LH, I am just now up to 63. I don't plan on going much higher. I never shot more than 64 with my Commander. Don't count it out just cause you can max it.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

So shoot it at 50. I have the 101 in the 60 to 70 and with the switch to LH, I am just now up to 63. I don't plan on going much higher. I never shot more than 64 with my Commander. Don't count it out just cause you can max it.
I know, it's just a little neurotic OCDthing I have about needing to shoot my bows maxed out. I'm sure I could get over it.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM

X Force was the fastest bow tested in Bowhunting magazine, although it was only 1 fps faster than the 82nd.
I have not seen reports of limb problems with the X Force, or PSE, like I have withthe other brand.
I have twoX Forcesbecause they are not only fast, but accurate.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Mathews LX around 280 fps and at 40 yards the arrow through the deer and sticking in the ground before the deer knows what happened....Speed is overrated IMO.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't discredit the Hoyt Katera.

The Z28 has caught my eye as of late.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Same here man, I love those stats. If I could find one anywhere locally Id drive a pretty good ways to get a chance to shoot it. 340+ IBO with a 8" BH...seems awesome. But then money comes into play and halts any bow plans, lol.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Same here man, I love those stats. If I could find one anywhere locally Id drive a pretty good ways to get a chance to shoot it. 340+ IBO with a 8" BH...seems awesome. But then money comes into play and halts any bow plans, lol.
That is the problem. Now that I'm up at school, the dealer is oh...lets say 5 min away, depending on traffic[&:]
Old 08-27-2008, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

That is the problem. Now that I'm up at school, the dealer is oh...lets say 5 min away, depending on traffic[&:]
LOL who needs lunch money this semester...I see a z28 in your future.Get a jet black 60# 29" one please...I know where you can have a guaranteed resale.[8D]

Quick Reply: Best of the "fast" bows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.