Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Being...."The Cameraman"

Old 08-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Being...."The Cameraman"

I've got an awesome opportunity to do something I think is gonna be really cool in a few weeks. I've got some fellow HNI'ers coming down to hunt our early season (NC)......and I don't think I'm even gonna take a weapon.

How much fun do you camera guys take from the experience? I can tell you from trying to get a turkey hunt on film, this spring, I was nervous as a whore in Church.

I can also tell ya .....if you haven't been with someone when they take a deer......do yourselves a favor and get in close proximity to a buddy hunting. It's awesome.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Being...."The Cameraman"

I can tell you that I have had more fun being the "cameraman" for my son and my business partner than I have had hunting for myself. Last season when I got my youngest son on video taking his first deer with a bow I was so nervous I think I was shaking worse than he was! It was an incredible experience. I encourage anyone who has never done it to try it.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

I know what you mean. Ive had the fortune of meeting several HNI members on here that Iwill be hunting with me this year. I have invited a few to visit, and just so happens, one of them owns the adjoining land...combining our two parcels.

I have set up the perfect stand just for what you mentioned,a video hunt. will have no problem setting down the bow and picking up the camera. Either way it will be a memorable hunt for the both of us. I just hope I dont video tape my trophy gettin stuck by my guest...but then it wll still be exciting to watch and film.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy being the cameraman as much, maybe even more sometimes, as being the hunter infront of the camera! I get less nervous when looking though the lense compared to being the one looking through the sight at the animal.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I find the harder the work, the more fun it is.

I find being the camera man is harder work, especially when it's on YOUR land. It's fun, and hard to put someone on game on you're own land.

I've been filming with buddies for 3 years, and we love every minnute of it. I also have a fellow HNI'er coming to hunt in MN with me, next sept for bear. And another one when we can fit him in
Old 08-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

While never having been in front of or behind a camera, I think being behind the camera would be more fun. I don't think I would have the patience to not shoot because the camera wasn't on the deer.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Dominant Buck

They'd BETTER shoot. If I get it on film, fine. If not.....no biggie. Sue me.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Filming is pretty awesome. I've had the chance to film a pro a couple times, and man, its something else. The hardest thing for me to get used to was being the driver, as in telling the hunter what to doin order to make the best footage. It is definitely exciting to take an animal on film. Seeing the end result on TV is pretty insane too though. Some velvet footage I took made it on DrivenTV last year, I was so pumped!

Definitely worth the work, even though filming is pretty frustrating at times.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:27 AM

I have never experianced it myself, but a buddy of mine was with me when I shot my buck last year. He kept saying he was more excited than I was, and how cool it was to watch someone else take an animal right in front of you.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:28 AM

I have never experianced it myself, but a buddy of mine was with me when I shot my buck last year. He kept saying he was more excited than I was, and how cool it was to watch someone else take an animal right in front of you.

Quick Reply: Being...."The Cameraman"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.