Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Being...."The Cameraman"

Old 08-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Being...."The Cameraman"

I can see it unfolding, now.

"You on her"

"Yeah"

"Thwack"

"SOB"! "Well....I was on ONE of 'em!"[8D]
Old 08-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's the outdoor experience I cherish. Either filming or hunting, I love it all!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

It's a hoot until you let the battery die or don't get the shot on film. Then you're probably going to catch some flak and barbs..... FOREVER.[8D][&:]
Old 08-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

David:

I've already been caught on film"Mahhhing" at a turkey.

Got nowhere to go but up!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Several years ago, I was filming a turkey hunt for my buddy and his wife. She had never taken a turkey before. It was a beautiful morning with several birds gobbling around us. We even had a doe come into our decoys before the turkeys flew off the roost. Needless to say, I was getting some great footage. It took the birds about and hour and a half to show themselves. As usual i didnt keep the camera running the entire time. I routinely turned it iff when nothing was happening. Foru jakes ended up working in to us gobbling and strutting. At fifteen yards, I let her know to shoot and she downed the boss of them. I filming everyting thinking I got a tv show quality video when the suddenly, the cameras powers off [&:]......I had it in standby mode [:@]...I quickly turned it back on to watch the other jakes walk off. The only thing i got on video was the birds gobbling on the roost and the doe I felt so bad.

Being the camera man is definitely as much fun as hunting....just don't screw it up.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish I had friends like you guys. Because non of my friends or I, think it's as much fun to be behind the camera as hunting. The only way I can ever get someone to film for me is if they are tagged out and the only way I am filiming for someone is if I am tagged out. I think it's cool that you guys are willing to do it and are even exited about doing it, but I guess I am just not wired that way. I don't mind talking someone and putting them in a good spot etc. but I guess I am just too greedy with my time hunting.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Dominant Buck

These guys are driving 8 hours (one way) and spending $120 to hunt 2 days with me.

I figure it's the least I can do.....and I'm genuinely looking forwardto doing it.

EDIT!!!!

First man that scores is the new camera guy![&:][8D]
Old 08-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Definitely bringing the compound now.

I don't need any videoreminder of me emptying a quiver full of longbow arrows. [:-]
Old 08-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was the cameraman for our bear hunt last year. it was a blast! i was only 10' up in the tree, at one point I seriously thought the bear was coming up the tree. definitely a rush.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love being cameraman.. but then I get to hang out with my long time chum too so...

We are always laughing our tails off. Good times filming your buddy trying to take a deer.

You'll enjoy it Jeff.

Quick Reply: Being...."The Cameraman"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.