Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer stolen

Old 08-27-2008, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default deer stolen

I was wondering if any of you had ever had a deer stolen after you shot it.
It happened to my wife last year.
It was her first time to hunt ever and it was with a bow I was so proud any way I was sitting about 20 yards from her when a big doe walked in she drew back and made a good shot I watched the doe cross the property line and lost site of her we gave it about 20 min and went after her as I we got close to the property line I heard what I thought was her deer moving around in the leaves so we stopped and then we heard a 4 wheeler start up we followed the blood trail to this clearing and it just stopped well I saw where she had been dragged to a 4 wheeler trail and then all sign was gone so we went over to my neighbors and there was her doe hanging in a tree in his back yard well I told him that he had taken our deer and he laght at me and called me a lieer so my wife got on the phone and called her uncle which just happens to be our counties dnr he came out and made the guy give us back the deer just wondering if any one else has had something like this happen to them
Old 08-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: deer stolen

Wow. Not yet and I hope not to ever
Old 08-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, I have not, but I heard of a few stories like this and wonder how rewarding it is for the jackass that tags the Deer?
Just shows they don't know how to hunt!

Do you still communicate with your neighbor??!![]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is unreal. The nerve of some people. I guess if someone needs to stoop to those levels, they need the deer a whole lot more than i do.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy lost his biggest buck ever last year. He shot it with a ML, the shot was a little low so we decided to give it some time. He watched it bed down about 75 yards from where he shot it (not on our property). We headed up to the cabin and waited for about an 1 1/2, went back and there was nothing but a gut pile. The guy who hunts next to us came over later that night to show off the buck he "killed".
Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 AM

It sucks but it happens all the time. My buddy shot a 130 inch 9 point 2 years ago in Missouri. went over to
ask if we could look for him and he said no. The outfitter we were with said he would take care of it. Long story
short no deer. He said the dnr said his property his deer. It is what it is.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never lost a deer before, and Ihope I never do...
Old 08-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have,,We were on "Prime hook" wildlife area in shotgun seasonand i had shot a monster 8 point made and iffy shot, got down out of the stand at dark tracked him for like 100-150 yrds and ran into some huge blood bath patches and we had decided to back out cause we were pushin it. Came back in the morning pickedup the trail and we found him w/ no Head!!! And that is exactly what we said "WHAT NERVE"...someone heres you shoot and Boom there on your deer WHY? We ended up talking to a Officer there on the Area and they said there was nothing they could......but i tell you some people shouldnt even be in the woods....

BH818
Old 08-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never had a deer stolen.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Two years ago I shot a good sized doe got out of my treestand and hear another shot close by .started following a blood trail that a blind man could see and see a guy dragging my doe out of the woods . He said there was only one hole in her so it must be his . I said whatever it's only a doe
On the bright side after my brother in law heard this he posted the land and now only me and my son are allowed to hunt it

Quick Reply: deer stolen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.