Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer stolen

Old 08-27-2008, 08:03 AM

Default RE: deer stolen

My father had one stolen awhile back. He had just walked up on it and a couple guys came up from behind him said it was their deer. He was outgunned and backed out. Now during any hunting season he's carrying his .357mag, just in case.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hopefully it never happens to me[&:]
I'm sorry to hear about that
Old 08-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

I know this illsound far fetched but my uncle was hunting in the Georg Wahington National Forest for his usual 2 weeks. He usually pulls his camper to a site and sets up. During 3 days he had shot 2...yes 2 albino bucks. He had thmhanging outsie his campsite when a about 3 AM h heard some noises outside and by the time he got his gun and stepped out. BOTH of them were gone!

A night later, som gunshots were heard about midnight. The mountains will make sounds travel a distance, so when e was leaving the next day his friend told him of some poachers that were caught spotlighting. They ended up seizing their truck, guns, and when they went to their campsite...two albinos wer hanging up.

They actually had them returned to my uncle
Old 08-27-2008, 08:36 AM

we have taken a few deer from illegal hunters....we watched 2 guys shoot 2 does from our farm last year...we went down and took them...they took off running...but we done it 3-4 times in the last couple of years. It must be hard for them to see the 4ft fence and all the signsthey cross entering our land
Old 08-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never have and I pity the guy that tries.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine had an elk stolen a few years ago. There were 4 guys hunting and two of them got elk one morning, so the guys decided to pack one out and then the other, 4 guys can pack out one elk. SO, once they got the first elk out, they all went to get the second elk and it was gone. It was only a 4x4 elk, BUT someone wanted it anyways.
My friend and the other 3 guys actually found the camp with the 4x4 rack, but no one around when they were there. My friend actually took the rack and left his phone number and info. as to where they were camped, BUT never heard from anyone and no one came to thier camp. When my friend and the other 3 guys pulled out of camp, they went to look for the guys that had stolen the elk, and they had already packed up and left. No one ever did call my friend.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Never had to experience anything like that and I hope I never will!! Thats just pathetic... Glad to hear your wife got her deer back!! At least the story ended on a good note , congrats!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

My borhter had one stolen a long time ago. He shot a great buck this thing was huge. He was the only one that had shot that morning he was using a NEF 20 guage, shot the thing 3 times, one shot blew off the jaw. one other shot took out the lower part of the right leg, andthe last one through the lungs,yes the buck was running full bore. He yelled for me to help track it, there was no losing this deer with the amount of blood. we walked right to it and the kid that was there happend to my 3rd cousin or somn like that, my brother told him that he had shot the deer, hes like so what I found it after i shot it to put it down. He never fired a round, he was using a 44 carbineor something like that. I told my brother to let the jackass have it, its not worth getting shot over it.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

Happened to my cousin a few years back. He was rifle hunting and he heard a shot. Soon a buck ran into his area and stopped. My cousin fired and dropped the buck right there. Like what was taught to me, he unloaded his rifle and started to gut the deer. As soon as he was finished gutting and tagging his deer, two guys walked up and said "What are you doing to my deer?" My cousin chuckled and said "What?" Then one guy raised his rifle alittle and aimed it at him. The other guy that claimed it was his grabbed the bucks antlers and started dragging it off ripping my cousins tag off in the process. They were gone before my cousin could get the DNR to help out.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep had one stolen out of the back of my truck[:@]

Some one has it on their wall and telling stories of how they made the perfect shot and what a good hunter they are.

Quick Reply: deer stolen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.