Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow list

Old 08-26-2008, 09:09 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default bow list

i was thinking about getting a new bow and was trying to think of all the bow brands(the brands still making bows).i wanted to look at all of them online.heres a list of all the ones i could think of.anyone add some names if i missed any(i know idid).---hoyt-matthews-pse-browning-parker-reflex-alpine-darton-whisper creek-pearson-ross-bowtech-diamond-fred bear-all i can think of.add any i forgot
Old 08-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bow list

ummm i can't think of any other ones i think you hit most of the important ones anyway, with that many you already have plenty of research on your hands i'd say just start narrowing them down from there.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

well you can still find reflex but i believe they will no longer be made. and dont forget mission from matthews, and elite archery.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Spike

They're kind of hard to find, but Archery Research form PSE
Old 08-26-2008, 11:14 PM

I was gonna say Mission and Elite.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

bowtech baught Ross and I just baught a Ross today. Bowtech is keeping the name and has made some improvements on the 09' modle that I have and I shot the Tomcat and it was pretty close, but the Ross was quieter in the end so thats why i got it.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:13 AM

People have already said it, but IMO Elite bows are some of the best made. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the major brands or offshoots of them. I think that Diamond and Mission and Reflex are just as good as their parent companies. Shoot what you can & pick what feels best to you. That being said, pick out the Elite that feels best and you will have a winner.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

PSE has the best warranty program on the market if your looking for a top quality bowwith the bestwarranty.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Spike

I think we're kind of missing it here. If you do research on all these bows, you'll be reseaching till the time the season starts. I think the best idea is to go to your local archery shop, and handle the bows. Geta feel for what YOU like and what you don't. Many stores will let you shoot these bows before you buy them. Shoot, and shoot a bunch of them. You'll learn quickly what works good with you and your shooting style.

If you have a good archery shop nearby, the employees should bend over backwards to make sure YOU'RE happy. After all, that is what it's all about. Don't let anyone pressure you into a certain brand name. If you like it that's all that matters whether it be PSE, Matthews, Hoyt, or the local Cabelas special.

Good luck and keep us informed.