Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hit one and can't find it!!........

Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I hit one and can't find it!!........

i think he was saying, a sensible, public post, can lead to others possibly learning tips or tricks in finding an animal while the ts gets help.
Derek
Old 10-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

One question for Matt or anybody who reads this for that matter and might have a similiar problem, where would my situation fit? I knew i made a bad shot, i searched for him until late at night, then posted the VIDEO on here to get opinions. I went back in the morning and looked again butturned up nothing. Does this fall into the "keep it private" section or is that a legitimate post to make on a hunting website? I already know my feelings on the matter and im not ashamed that i made the thread, but i would like to know opinions on it.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

One question for Matt or anybody who reads this for that matter and might have a similiar problem, where would my situation fit? I knew i made a bad shot, i searched for him until late at night, then posted the VIDEO on here to get opinions. I went back in the morning and looked again butturned up nothing. Does this fall into the "keep it private" section or is that a legitimate post to make on a hunting website? I already know my feelings on the matter and im not ashamed that i made the thread, but i would like to know opinions on it.
Siman,

If you can look at what you are about to post and ask yourself.........."Is this going to possibly make the situation any better, can these guys really help with finding this deer?"
"Is this going to be good NON-hunter reading?"

I don't give a crap what you post..........go nuts, but you just wait until end of November when we have 20 more of these:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3084982&mpage=1&key==
Then tell me your opinion on how instructional or important you think these threads are. (I think this is about the 5th or 6th of these already this season?)

Look at the one I just posted a link to, it's a PERFECT example:
Little known member, doesn't have a clue where his arrow hit, can't relay any pertinant info other than RED blood. (Oh yay all blood looks red )
We don't know the lay of the land, or have any idea where it could have gone or what was hit, but the person (no offense to those who made suggestions) was given the likelihood that the deer was hit in the lungs,shoulder or muscle somewhere.[:-]
Do YOU really think WE can help this person find this deer?

THAT is what I want to ask you.......there's a difference between making some sort of instructional or intelligent post on a delicate subject, and then there is just being STUPID.

Problem is that stupid usually doesn't know it is.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

BUMP for obvious reasons as of late!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't even have to read through all of them....Good post Matt...Very well stated and I agree with you totally!!! Too many guys that will help in these situations to not go the distance and make every effort to recover your animal, as hunters we owe to the game we chase!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right on the money. Repeated posts about a poorly hit deer and what to do..I wouldn't want anyone to know I only looked an hour or two for a deer before giving up or amoving or 50 yard shot ecetera. Thats what exposes some guys to a blasting.

I do think that if you have a specific question regarding the hit or the deers reaction than a little good advise might be valuable but don't expect to be patted on the back.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, well said. I agree with almost everything you have said.

However, I do respectfully disagree with the attitude in the message. Many of people, including myself, kind of treat the boards here as our "hunting camp" so to speak. It's always nice to come on here and see intelligent, well thought out conversation. Regardless of the thread title. This board, unlike another that I won't mention the name, seems to have a lot of good members who are hear to help and/or just chat about what we all love the most. You don't have to filter through post after post of useless garbage here.

I myself don't usually come on here to use the boards as a "database" of knowledge so to speak. It's a community. If I'm having a problem, sure, I'll ask. There are way too many very knowledgable and respectable people here not to. But I also enjoy the "campfire" talk that usually comes from it too.