Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hit one and can't find it!!........

Old 08-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I hit one and can't find it!!........

Original: GMMAT Bring a book. Bring a phone to text with. Bring something to eat. Plan your exit strategy if it's a marginal hit. Play with yourself.
Now I know why Jeff takes so long to get on the blood trail. [8D]

Sorry bro, you set your own self up for that.

LT
Old 08-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Original: GMMAT Bring a book. Bring a phone to text with. Bring something to eat. Plan your exit strategy if it's a marginal hit. Play with yourself.
Now I know why Jeff takes so long to get on the blood trail. [8D]

Sorry bro, you set your own self up for that.

LT
ROFL .....

Hey Capytan .... great post .... after watching what Jeff went through last year, I see it wasn't the best route ..... That being said, let's be patient and kind with those who will inevitably do it this season .... dealing with them with a PM instead of laying them out on the public forum ....
Old 08-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

..... That being said, let's be patient and kind with those who will inevitably do it this season .... dealing with them with a PM instead of laying them out on the public forum ....
But Tony, some of them just make it to easy.[:-]
I swear I've spent more time looking for truck keys than some of these guys do looking for wounded deer.
I think a couple of em are skeeerrd of the dark.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

To the TOP, I don't think some of our members got to read it.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

If anyone is within driving distance of me and has this issue, please get ahold of me, I will drop a coupla nights hunting to help you find a deer. I live in NE ohio. anything within about 1.5 hours is fair game. Out of prob 40 deer I have looked for or helped look for, we couldnt find 2. and that sucked.
And please please please, dont give up early just becuase it is a smaller deer or a doe. It doesnt matter. it is a life that you have taken (or attempted to take) please respect it
Anyone on this board feel free to call anytime you need anything.
440-339-9649
Phil
Old 09-24-2008, 08:04 PM

First I saw of it...and I skipped the middle to get to the end to say...Right on Bro'! I have got my butt reamed on other sites for sticking adamently by my feelings that there is no good reason to get on the internet and announce that you wounded a deer and can't find it. Some are asking for help and/or advice, while others are simply looking for a virtual shoulder to cry on. Sure, it either has, or will, happen to every bowhunter, but public discussion of a wounding loss is just not warranted, whether at a diner table or on the net.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

To the TOP, I don't think some of our members got to read it.
Rob. it's funny you bumped this .... I was just thinking about this thread .... maybe a sticky??
Old 09-24-2008, 08:16 PM

I still see what all of you are getting at, it drives me as crazy as the next guy when someone comes on here after and hour of looking and has just given up and has no plans to go back out, gotta get to work, got a date, whatever. Or for the very few that somehow find pleasuring in creating such a post. Not fair to the animal, we as hunters, etc...

BUT if someone truely has put in their time looking and done as much as they can do but still cannot find their deer, then I see no problem bringing it on here and asking for advice publicy from everyone. I do not see any benefit in keeping it hush hush in PMs to Rob or Matt or whomever. Let us all offer advice and take in advice. I think we can all learn by living through a tracking job with someone as each is unique. The point of this post is a good one, dont embarass yourself being on here an hour after you hit a deer and say you cant find it (you'll get flamed to no end and for good reason), but if you really are having a problem, if you really need advice, if you really need to talk because you have tried your very best, well then by all means post it up so we can all learn or offer a lesson or two!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent post. I agree entirely with it.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Dominant Buck

BUT if someone truely has put in their time looking and done as much as they can do but still cannot find their deer, then I see no problem bringing it on here and asking for advice publicy from everyone.
Advice about what? How to live with it?

Quick Reply: I hit one and can't find it!!........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.