Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

am i underspined

Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 PM

Default RE: am i underspined

couldnt i just cut my arrows down to 25, according to the chart, that would make it ok right??? or did i misread the chart, and if i am shoot fine does it really matter????
Old 08-26-2008, 07:23 PM

How is it shooting with broadheads? If its launching darts then leave it. Put a lumenok on and have somebody else watch the flight.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:24 PM

they are flying straight they dont wobble in flight at all, on the chart it is onlyslightly under spined. if iwas to cut my arrows, wouldnt theyjust fly high
Old 08-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

couldnt i just cut my arrows down to 25, according to the chart, that would make it ok right??? or did i misread the chart, and if i am shoot fine does it really matter????
Ya, that would work, if your arrow will be long enough for your rest. Also, be sure check this with your broadheads on. What rest are you using? You should be ok doing that. If you think you are ok....you don't have to do anything. I have found that following what the company specs say generally works out for the best. If I have ever leaned towards one way or the other..its towards being a little on the stiff side.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:29 PM

If you cut your arrows or drop head weight to 85, your arrows will be flying highand you will need to resight. Like i said, broadheads tell the truth. If they are spot on, then your bow is in tune.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you cut them two inches you are dropping 14.8 grains. Ya you might fly slightly higher, but you would have a greater FOC, which is a good thing in most cases...I am just wondering...(there's nothing wrong with it) but why the 125 heads?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:30 PM

i shot my broadheads to make sure they were all flying to where i was aiming, and that they dont wobble like crazy in air, they all past, and i have been shooting my field points and everything has been fine. if i mess up it me, and thats when i know i need a break.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

If you cut them two inches you are dropping 14.8 grains. Ya you might fly slightly higher, but you would have a greater FOC, which is a good thing in most cases...I am just wondering...(there's nothing wrong with it) but why the 125 heads?
i am not a speed person, i would rather have the extra weight in the arrow so i have more pentration, i do that because i have only a 25 inch draw lenght, and for add security
Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 PM

BUMP
Old 08-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

No way are you overspined at a 25" draw length,the charts do not account for draw length,just arrow length.

OOPS,that should read no way are you UNDERSPINED

Quick Reply: am i underspined

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.