Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok so how do you approach this?

Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ok so how do you approach this?

As some of you may know, Im considering a NC license this year to go down to GMMAT's some. So in order to justify the out of state license for the unclear plans we have this season due to work and such.... I thought to myself, why not buy them, Hunt at Jeff's when you can, and hunt somewhere else in NC when you feel like also.

So My parents live in NC, 1acre tract. AJOINING to a 115 acre woods with no scructures just land.. There has to be deer in there right? Mom said just the other day, there was a doe in her yard. The man that owns the 115acres lives in another part of NC. A simple GIS and White page search gave me all the info i needed.

So if this were you.... He pics up the phone, not knowing you from the man in the moon. He says:

Hello...

and you say....
Old 08-26-2008, 02:50 PM

Default RE: Ok so how do you approach this?

Hi, my folks live on an acre of land adjoining yours and I was wondering if you allow hunting on your land?

If he seems unsure, let him know how long you have been hunting, and other reassuring information.

Just be upfront with him and be polite (not that I think you would NOT be polite).
Old 08-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of your deer got out and was eating my moms tomatoes, you want me to take care of the little bugger??

Actually, I'd just be straight-forward (and mention your parents are neighbors).
Old 08-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JasonI

Hi, my folks live on an acre of land adjoining yours and I was wondering if you allow hunting on your land?

If he seems unsure, let him know how long you have been hunting, and other reassuring information.

Just be upfront with him and be polite (not that I think you would NOT be polite).
Great advice.

I believe NC has a 6day non-resident license for about $80. Stop by my place and I can put you on the stand. Can't promise a monster but the nanny whacking is always good. Jeff is afraid to come over here.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

buck - I tell you what I will do for ya. PM me his name and number and also your parents name and address, and I will call him and get us both permission and scout it outfor ya and have a stand ready and waiting. I will be doing you a favor, since I live in NC, and can scout it for you. Glad to be of service anytime.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:53 PM

I cannot stress this enough; Specify BOWHUNTING!!!! I know a lot of people who dont want others on their land with guns, but dont care about bows!! I cant count how many times I've been refused to hunt with guns, but with bows, I can barely remember a time I was refused!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly as shrewbeer said!!!!!!! Great advise I have seen the same!! Walt
Old 08-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi, My name is Aaron. I am the captain of team 14, The horse tamers, and we are trying (and will) to beat the previous champs. I feel as if you're land will help us with this accomplishment. Please let me hunt, yes, this is an online contest.

Good luck with the land, bro. I hope you nail it down. Good advice thus far.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm the same way Aaron, I ALWAYS try to justify my decisions, even if they are ones I know are good. I would do the same thing you are if I were buying a NCliscense. It'd be impractical for me though.

Quick Reply: Ok so how do you approach this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.