Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Horrible shots!!!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Horrible shots!!!

ORIGINAL: shrewbeer

Its either a bad string job, or just you shooting different with the loop. When i switched I had to get a new anchor, new draw length, re-tune, and get used to it.
Easy way to test- IGNORE THE LOOP! Shoot your bow like you did before, and ignore the loop. If you are still shooting terrible, you know that its not you!
Yes, this is exactly what I went through as well. I switched to a d-loop back in 2005 and there was an adjustment period. I ended up shortening my draw by 1" and finding a new anchor and retuning. Now that I use the loop I can't imagine going back.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:29 PM

I have had a Whisker Biscuit on my bow since I got it in 2002. I have never changed it, and it shoots fine. In fact when I got it I took a razor blade and trimmed a lot of the "whiskers" out of it. I left about 60 - 70 % of them in it, but I did trim a lot. I also put a new loop on it about 2 years ago, but it still shot true. I would say it has nothing to do with the W.B.

MET

Old 08-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pope94/IA

The loop does not give me better control, my control with the loop sucks. Its just as bad as if there was a big wind coming through.

Another thing might be the problem is my WB. I heard people have bad luck with them.

Are you supposed to replace WBs every once inawhile due to the wiskers coming off?

OHbowhntr. Im glad that you are shooting better but I am shooting WORSE. i have never shot this bad before.
ill rest up a bit then ill give it another go and see how it does.
Is your DL too long??? A loop can extend your DL an extra half inch, which if you were on the margin anyhow, it can push you over the edge, and then cause a lot of problems.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your draw length changed when he put the loop on. as well as the new string, you do need to retune everything.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

My loop is about a inch or so. Is it suppose to be this long?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on the shooter. Some people like a longer loop while others like just enough to hook their release. Personally I like mine about 3/4" or so. I agree with those that have suggested that your problem could be the change in your draw length. When I shot off the string my bows were 30" draw length but after switching to a d-loop I had to drop to 29".
Old 08-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your loop shouldn't make your DL much more than 1/2" over what it previously was.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

well the loop sticks out about a inch.

How do I shorten it?
Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

The first thing that probably needs to be changed is the draw length because the loop has put your release hand back further than you are comfortable with.You might be a be to purchase a short head release to get some of that back but ime,you will still need to shorten the bows draw length a little to get comfortable anchors and solid wall.

Secondly,have the bow checked out to make sure that the bow is within specs with the new rigging.It is quite possible thye length is off on something and giving you issues.

Third,make sure the arrows are the right spine and there are no contcat issues with them.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol, I feel stupid. I put my bow in my left hand and just holded it out like I would when shooting it and I saw that one of the silencer things was having direct contact with my arm which was throwing my shooting off my alot.

Well I just slided it down a little bit to where its no were near my arm and i was shooting great.

thanks for all of your help.

Quick Reply: Horrible shots!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.