Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what goes through your head

Old 08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what goes through your head

ORIGINAL: chazspot

OHbowhntr, your post isquite nugentesque!

I am more or less overwhelmed wondering about my gear readiness this time of year. Once the smells of autumm start filling the air my thoughts really turn to just being in the woods as much as possible. Also, when one phase ends and the next one begins. I hope to experience them as much as possible.
Not sure if I should consider that a compliment or an insult. I don't particularly care for the wildman, but after you wrote that, I went back and re-read it and you're kind of right, it does sound almost from the same mindset, except all my animals are FAIR chase unguided kills!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

great big piles of buck guts, and nice racks
Old 08-25-2008, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

i hear that the local pro shop guy said he was getting bissy
he said he had guys driving two hour two drop of there bows to get fixed.
He also says theres one or two people that will come in two or three day before season and say ohhh my string broke or my peep is broke.
And want it back and tuned in a day.
ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

These days I get extremely frustrated.

I'm constantly dealing with people who're only just now realizing that season is quickly approaching. They want new strings, new sights, new rests, new arrows, new everything and they want it to work perfectly yesterday. A lack of preparation on their part is all of a sudden an emergency for me.

At the same time it has me anticipating the week long hunt I have planned. The solitude of being alone in a remote part of the wilderness pitting myself against nature.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

OHbowhntr: it wasn't an insult. I just thought it sounded like something the wildman would say.

I like Ted N. in a way, but I'm not aligned with him politically. His game pursuit techniques could be another discussion...
Old 08-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I concentrate on preparation, stand sites have to be ready well in advance, most of this is completed in June and July. Ironing out any equipment issues, broadhead tuning, fletching arrows, posting property this month.