Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big Game Bowhunters....day-pack ?

Old 03-12-2003, 06:16 AM

Default Big Game Bowhunters....day-pack ?

Wondering what you fellas have found to be the best and most affordable day-pack on the market today? Taking into consideration; comfort, durability, padded shoulders, waist belt, storage space, etc..

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:38 AM

Default RE: Big Game Bowhunters....day-pack ?

Badlands makes the best packs I have seen. They are first class! You pay more but you sure get a lot more too.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve got a North Face Continental Divide that I carry year round hikeing and hunting along the mountain sides. When I pack my snow shoes I carry 33 lbs in my pack, but most of the gear I carry is for " What If situations" and its nice to be able to make a bed up if I choose too or if I happen to be on a late blood-trail.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.wildernesspacks.com/

Wilderness Packs Make some of the best in the business. If you don' t see exactly what you are looking for Ken can sometimes make you up something. Ask Jim Horn and some of the other Premos guys if they like there packs. (oh ya I work in the pro shop part time too.)
Old 03-12-2003, 05:25 PM
CG

The Bianchi Endurance in Cabela' s is a fantastic day pack.....
Old 03-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I have the " guide pack" from Crooked Horn Outfitters. It is awesome. There is a seperate waterproof compartment which is where I keep my video camera. It has nice padded shoulder straps and the waist belt is nice also. It has a ton of room. You can also make it " smaller" my using some of the snaps to fold the material over.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:43 PM

I have the Crooked Horn too. Had it for four years and its perfect for hauling a bit of everything with no strain on your shoulders. I bet the pack lasts longer than I do. Good hunting.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Brookwood bow pack or my cabela' s alaska pack frame. It depends on the hunt that I' m on. If it is a pack in hunt, then I will use the pack frame for the days outing, and I can put the bow in it and climb and walk with my hands free.

For day outings where weight isn' t an issue as far as what I can have in the field with me, I use my Brookwood bow pack. It has two outside compartments which fit a 1 liter bottle perfect, and a huge main compartment that I can fit the camcorder in, plus whatever skinning equipment, game bags, extra food, and whatever else I need. It has the drop pouch in the back that I can put the bow in and keep my hands free, which comes in very handy on long walks and even belly crawls (except of the cam hitting you in the head when crawling)