Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Old 08-23-2008, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Think about everything everyone (who has spent the big money) says about this stand.
Nevermind.....lol.

EI....that's part of the problem, most times. The guy who spent a lot of money is sometimes () needing to justify his expenditure. Not too many guys out there who saved up for years to buy a BMW that are gonna tell you they screwed up with their purchase.

I'll give this thing a fair assessment.....but the holy grail.....it is not.

Jeff, I've been using these stands for 6 years. I have bought 3 of them, had one stolen.[:@][>:][>:]I have a Sit and Climb, and an Assault now. I've been more than honest about these stands, and said that they are not comfy (without help). Other than that,they are truely the best overall stand out there. Bar none. If this stand isn't the holy grail, then what stand is? Is there such a thing?
Old 08-23-2008, 05:31 AM
Dominant Buck

OK Chris....here's the skinny (literally). EI....if you don't like this review....do your own, please. I promise I won't post on it.

Stand pack like a dream. "As advertised"! It's a neat little package that only took me a couple times to figure out the "system" to get everything back together. A+

Getting it on the tree. Let's be honest here, guys....you have to unlatch one side....and put the traction belt in the other side. It's not "better" than the Summit. It just isn't. Is it OK? Yeah. It's fine.

Ascending.......

OK....the thing that makes this stand so appealingto many is a PAIN IN THE ASS in that upper/climbing portion of the stand is so light. I had to CONSTANTLY worry about it falling as I'd reach up to slide my tether up the tree. This aspect is disappointing. I'm gonna need to hear some others tell me how they thwart this.....(ifthey're ascending, tied off). D-

Getting set at your apex.

OK....I'll admit I almost fell, once. I was stepping over the sit/climb bar.....and almost teetered off. The problem at this point is......THAT FREAKIN LIGHT UPPER!! You can't cinch your straps tight (upper to platform) because you need to be able to step over the bar.....and you can't lower the upper without it being unmanageable (hard to hold onto). This part's gotta change. What I'll probably find myself not using the climbing bar and using the stand as a hand climber.

Once you get over the climbing bar......you get the seat set to the desired height....and cinch the straps connecting the upper to the lower. NOW it's ROCK SOLID! Fairly comfortable, too. Not a Summit....but not bad. Here's where it ROCKS! I can shoot sitting down, now....and I LOVE the freedom the missing rail gives me. This part is awesome.

Descending.....

I went down the tree as a hand climber would. No problem. That's how I'll do it. Nuff said.

Packing up.....

Awesome. Took me just a couple times to come up with my own little system, The saddlebag is great for storing tethers and a haul line.

Great stand......but if you're a big guy.......I'm gonna say this one ISN'T for you. I'm 6'1" and 200#'s. I wouldn't suggest it for people any larger than me......but that's just me.

Chris, buddy....don't know how big you are.....but take everything I said as an honest assessment. I love my summit. And I'll probably grow to love this one. It'll take a little times, though.

Jeff
Old 08-23-2008, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad you finally got a LW Jeff.Your assessment reeks inexperience though. You'll get better with it, and enjoy it more.Oh yea, take that tether off going up you pansy.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

No offense, EI....but either address the "inexperience" specifically, or keep your thoughts to yourself. What do you do to thwart the "issues" I addressed....to make it "better"? YOUR assessments of this stand "reek" "fanboy".

Also.....I'll just come right out and say it.....

If you go up a tree with that (or any) stand....and don't tie off to the tree.......YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

take that tether off going up you pansy.
How can it be possible that there are still people not using safety harness for the entire climb/descent? How canthis be? Early, isthisa 'joke'. It's hard to tell over theinternet despite the smilies.

Jeff - Sorry for the hijack rant.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I purchased one of these last yearand promptly returned it ... there was not enough room for me I am 6'3" and about 220lb
Old 08-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Specifically, that seat section requires pressure on it to keep it from slipping down. I've mentioned this in the past. You taking your hands/arms off of it to move your girly mantether (I guess I'm an idiot)up allows it to drop down. Again, as I've said in the past,it willbehoove you to put a screw hook behind/under the traction belt of the seat portion so it CAN'T slip down if you go to stand up.
Also, what stand do you not have todisconnect something to attachit to a tree? I haven't seen one yet. Eventually, you'll admit it's the best stand you've ever had.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Forgot to mention.....

I need to probably go ahead and get the xtra long traction belts.

This is goingto be an expensive stand when it's all said and done.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

ORIGINAL: early in

take that tether off going up you pansy.
How can it be possible that there are still people not using safety harness for the entire climb/descent? How canthis be? Early, isthisa 'joke'. It's hard to tell over theinternet despite the smilies.

Jeff - Sorry for the hijack rant.
I "choose" not to use one while going up. No joke.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Other than that, they are truely the best overall stand out there. Bar none. If this stand isn't the holy grail, then what stand is? Is there such a thing?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel Ol'man makes the best climber bar none.

I've tried several and it's the easiest to use, fold, carry, comfortable and quiet.

My exwife, 4'11 110lbs used it with ease. She couldn't use a Summit nor a LW.

Quick Reply: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.