Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spotlighters: Has anybody ever tried one of these?

Old 08-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spotlighters: Has anybody ever tried one of these?

I dont have one like that, but im betting the Deer will have smoke comming off there backs when you light em up with that bad boy It would be nice if it came with some kind of window mount to free up your hands while filming Nice!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Fran:

Does that thing come with a gunrack?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

I dont have one like that, but im betting the Deer will have smoke comming off there backs when you light em up with that bad boy It would be nice if it came with some kind of window mount to free up your hands while filming Nice!!!
Mine came with a neck strap!!!! I am not kidding when I say they are not light....
Old 08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

LMAO - they'll get flashburn and just tip over dead.

Seriously Dan, that's gonna be a problem. This thing is enormous - so you can bet that every video I post will have plenty of music dubbed over the original audio, b/c the entire audio track would basically be me cussing and complaining while I try to wrestle with that huge-ass light and run the video camera and drive the car all at the same time.

Jeff - no gun mount. I guess you're just supposed to duct-tape it onto your deer rifle for use in the field. LOL
Old 08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

And here I thought my 15 mil was over kill?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maby you could add some padding to the bottom and keep the weight on the window sill while you just aim and steady it while filming. I want one just thinkin <<I know, that is not a good thing [8D]
ORIGINAL: quiksilver

LMAO - they'll get flashburn and just tip over dead.

Seriously Dan, that's gonna be a problem. This thing is enormous - so you can bet that every video I post will have plenty of music dubbed over the original audio, b/c the entire audio track would basically be me cussing and complaining while I try to wrestle with that huge-ass light and run the video camera and drive the car all at the same time.

Jeff - no gun mount. I guess you're just supposed to duct-tape it onto your deer rifle for use in the field. LOL
Old 08-22-2008, 02:54 PM

The candle power alone isn't going to be what you need. You also need something with a lens that will focus the light and keep the beam at a normal size at those distances. Bright doesn't do you any good if it spreads out too fast, it will just make close up things more bright.

Some flashes are extremely bright, but just don't carry any distance.

I have one of the new LED lights that is the same way. This thing is way bright when you look at or point it at something close. However if you shine it at something 15 yards away or something it barely lights it up. My mag light with the adjustable beam isn't near as bright but the beam goes farther because I can adjust it.

Paul
Old 08-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Dominant Buck

How much can you rent one of those things they use at car dealerships for?

You could have someone ride on the trailer with it and shine it......much like a Tank gunner would.

You may could affect the start of therut this way, too.

Dude.....don't laugh. That butt-out thing sold 27 units.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

How much can you rent one of those things they use at car dealerships for?

You could have someone ride on the trailer with it and shine it......much like a Tank gunner would.

You may could affect the start of therut this way, too.

Dude.....don't laugh. That butt-out thing sold 27 units.
LMAO The sad thing is: If I had one, I'd try it.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

The candle power alone isn't going to be what you need. You also need something with a lens that will focus the light and keep the beam at a normal size at those distances. Bright doesn't do you any good if it spreads out too fast, it will just make close up things more bright.

Some flashes are extremely bright, but just don't carry any distance.

I have one of the new LED lights that is the same way. This thing is way bright when you look at or point it at something close. However if you shine it at something 15 yards away or something it barely lights it up. My mag light with the adjustable beam isn't near as bright but the beam goes farther because I can adjust it.

Paul
That makes boat loads of sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.