Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ultimate camo = ultimate company

Old 08-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default ultimate camo = ultimate company

I have had the pleasure of purchasing someof the ultimate camo, and dealing with Andy is a pleasure.I know almost everyone here knows of them, but if you don't check them out, you won't be disappointed.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Bartender

Default RE: ultimate camo = ultimate company

I agree 100% first class guy we got here.
First class camo to go with it and it dont get any better.

3 weeks until the season BABY!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

What is it you like so much about this particular camo?
What makes it better than all the others...other than it's one of our HNI brothers selling it...which is important.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Bartender

Blending in for my part of the country. I mostly hunt trees and this is perfect and also very light weight for sure.
Next to the hunting the wind this is the #2 for me. I also hope to wack one from the ground for the first time
and believe I can achieve this. I am not associated with U.C. by no means just typing from the heart.
I have always been a fan of tree bark going back to the 80's.
I will issue a challange order some pants and shirt and if you dont like it I will buy it from you.
L pants and L shirt only though, lol

T
Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Their are several things I like, first the pattern is great, i can't think of a better pattern where I hunt(in MAine we have alot of forest land)The quality of the fabric was much better than i expected, especially for the price.The prices are great, you don't have to be rich or break the bank to afford a set. And finally if you have a problem or a question you can deal directly with the owner, for someone like myself who has always shopped at big box stores that is refreshing.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Andy's as good as they come, he had a dream and followed it. As a small guy, putting your name and a good chunk of your life savings into that dream takes some serious belief in your product! He's getting some of the recognition he deserves. But he knows without you guys and your support that any success he's reached could go south in a hurry! Thats why the Company puts customer Satisfaction Upfront where it belongs!

Glad you are happy with your purchase and service!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Fair nuff. I'm reading a lot of good things about U.C. and will very likely end up with a set, but sorry Tony, I'm an XL at least...depending on how they are cut.
If I'm not mistaken,U.C. is Diesel77's gig and we're on the same team this year. I'm guessing there is at least a 25% discount for us.

ORIGINAL: peakrut

Blending in for my part of the country. I mostly hunt trees and this is perfect and also very light weight for sure.
Next to the hunting the wind this is the #2 for me. I also hope to wack one from the ground for the first time
and believe I can achieve this. I am not associated with U.C. by no means just typing from the heart.
I have always been a fan of tree bark going back to the 80's.
I will issue a challange order some pants and shirt and if you dont like it I will buy it from you.
L pants and L shirt only though, lol

T
Old 08-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

I love their camo
Old 08-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

What makes it better than all the others...other than it's one of our HNI brothers selling it...which is important.
Thanks for the good words Don and everyone. Navy, you should have come to MD Expo in Laplata last weekend, you could have checked us out in person, was a cool show. All I can tell you is, as an avid hardwoods bowhunter and turkey hunterfor 26, going on 27 years, and being busted wearing some of the big name patterns repeatedly, I asked myself for years why no one made a good detailed bark pattern as Trebark was no longer availavble at stores in my area. The worst part about getting busted was once the deer picked out something that wasnt suppossed to be there,I was done most of the time, they never took their eyes off me until they ran off, doing the head bob or snorting, or just turned and went the other direction. This pattern really eliminated that with the vertical pattern. Our pattern isnt trying to make a piece of fabric look 3 dimentional to animals, we tried to make it look like a tree trunk, it worked out pretty darn good. Deer see indichromatic vision which makesthe patterneven better as color isnt as important as matching the bark image and pattern although it does match allot of tree bark colors to the human eye, that took 72 strike offs to get it as close as possible with as many types of trees as we could match.It doesnt blob at distance, its reacts just like real bark does in sunlight, in shade, and under canopy, plus it doesnt blob at distance. I felt most of the patterns were getting to be too seasonal and to pretty, companies were getting away from basics for tree stand hunting in particular, our pattern isnt seasonal, bark doesnt change colors like foliage does. I decided to try and make my own pattern and make some suits for myself. My friends and some local hunters wanted me to make them suits and it eventually evolved into a company. Weve often been comapred to the old Trebark pattern by people that see the pattern online, but if you ever see the pattern up close its nothing like it. Its not for everyone, but for hunting hardwoods, the pattern just messes deer up, plain and simple, even if deer see you moving, its what happens after that, that makes the pattern really shine.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

The pattern ,colors, and tones are absolutely spot on for just about every rough barked tree out there. I'm not sure how Andy got someone to print the colors and tones so accurately but the stuff literally melts into any bark background unlike any pattern I've ever seen in any lighting condition.
It just never sticks out against tree trunks like some patterns do in differing light.You ever see pictures of certain camo where it might look good in certain lighting but then changes in the same setting and actually stands out as the light changes intensity and angle?........this stuff seems to take on the same tones andhues as the bark behind and around it as light changes.......It's really neat stuff.

It's what original Realtree and Mossy OakBottomland should have been.

Quick Reply: ultimate camo = ultimate company

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.