Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can "Hunting" be defined?

Old 08-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Can "Hunting" be defined?

I have hit golf balls ,does that make me a golfer?
Have you played golf? If so....you're a golfer. You might SUCK at it.....but you're still a golfer.

Did Jimmy Houston shooting a drugged deer in a pen qualify him as a hunter?
Was it being done, legally? Did Jimmy think HE was hunting (if it WAS legal)? If it's illegal....that doesn't even enter into the equation (for the 4th time). Poaching....I think we can ALL agree is NOT "hunting".
Old 08-21-2008, 03:07 PM

I honestly dont care as long as its legal.

If I had a bait stand out and could shoot Bucks, or does. I would shoot um.

If I didnt have that available Id stalk etc.

I'm not out to impress im out to enjoy.

Im out to enjoy myself... I enjoy shooting deer dont matter how long as its legal.
My definition of hunting my vary from some as do others... I say if ya enjoy it and you consider it hunting more power to ya.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

So in your mind the man who does a goggle search for trophy white tail ,borrows his brother in laws dads gun,drives seventy mile to the address his tom tom led him to,swipes his visa card hits the credit & OK buttons and is led out the back door to shoot "Fred" the bottle fed buck is in your eye the same hunter assay Rob .
Old 08-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Dominant Buck

So in your mind the man who does a goggle search for trophy white tail ,borrows his brother in laws dads gun,drives seventy mile to the address his tom tom led him to,swipes his visa card hits the credit & OK buttons and is led out the back door to shoot "Fred" the bottle fed buck is in your eye the same hunter assay Rob .
Why must you twist everything?....lol. We're not comapring hunters, here. But in its most basic interpretation.....YES. He and Rob are both "Hunters".

Janet Reno and Pam Anderson are both "women".
Old 08-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

You seem to enjoy comparing all of us hunters to the lowest common denominator , I myself strive to associate with hunters with some what higher standards.

And I'm pretty sure Janet Reno was not born a woman.[:-]
Old 08-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Can we say what "hunting" is FOR someone else? Can we define what it is, to them?
I say NO, you can't define or say what hunting is to that person as long as all is being done legally, which you have already stated. You can have an opinion but you can't define it!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Again....I'm not comparing hunters.

I'm comparing nothing.You've twisted the thread to your own liking. I'm saying whatyou think you're doing when you go hunting.....and what the guy you described isdoing.....are BOTH hunting (in your own, individual minds).

For anyone to condescendingly dismiss another's definition of whathunting is to that person......is kinda pitiful.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

For anyone to condescendingly dismiss another's definition of whathunting is to that person......is kinda pitiful.

In this case I'm am quite proud to be as you say "kinda Pitiful"

Old 08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Dominant Buck

LOL...I know you are, Jim....I know YOU are...

It's the same principle as the fawn threads. We have one hunter condescending to and belittling another hunter for the taking of legal game in a legal manner.

It's not enough for you to have a dissenting opinion. You have to make it known that the guy doing it differently from you has no morals or ethics. And what has he really done.....other than hunt legally and ethically?

Nothing.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL...I know you are, Jim....I know YOU are...

It's the same principle as the fawn threads. We have one hunter condescending to and belittling another hunter for the taking of legal game in a legal manner.

It's not enough for you to have a dissenting opinion. You have to make it known that the guy doing it differently from you has no morals or ethics. And what has he really done.....other than hunt legally and ethically?

Nothing.
The difference between the two of us is, I chose to rise to the highest of legal & ethical standards and you seem hell bent on defending the lowest.

Quick Reply: Can "Hunting" be defined?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.