Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Non pro hunters

Old 08-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Non pro hunters

I agree with Bowtech, Dream Season is the ****! We just need a team from out west! I volunteer!!! I hate the words Pro hunter, What is a pro? Someone who pays outfitters to help them take an animal?

I personally challenge any so called pro hunter! As long as us "Average Joe's" have the same opportunities we can shoot big critter's too. I don't have any big parcels of private property to hunt on or any sponsors. But I like many of you consitantly harvest all kinds of animals. I provide for my family. And if I get lucky and shoot a wall hanger then that's a plus! Anyone can call themselve's a Pro, but when you DIY.. That's gratification!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

I agree with Bowtech, Dream Season is the ****! We just need a team from out west! I volunteer!!! I hate the words Pro hunter, What is a pro? Someone who pays outfitters to help them take an animal?

I personally challenge any so called pro hunter!
Your on. Whatare the stakes? I have a regular job, don't use outfitters, and own no land. Get yourself a suitable camera, a cameraman, and lay down some good, usable footage. Can't be shakey, has to be in focus, audio and lighting has to be right, etc, etc.

So...what are the stakes?
Old 08-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

You don't see this on TV because in-order to secure the sponsorship $$$ to buy a time slot - you need connections or a ton of $$$ to buy your way into the industry.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is kind of a paradox. Because unless the people are independently wealthy & make videos for fun, on some level they are Pros, just in the sense of being paid.
Now say you had a compilation of “amateur” videos that were sent in by ave guys, and then made into a video…maybe you’d have some interest, but someone still has to pay the bills. And I think many would find that there is a HUGE difference between jimbob’s handicam and a real camera production outfit as far as quality of footage goes.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:02 PM

whitetail addictions
Great show!

Todd at WKP has a good product as well.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to see an average Joe video, then I think you'll love the new Rut Junkie video, which will be released in 10-14 days. It's one of the few video's you'll see in whichyou won't see amember have their own exclusive farm to hunt, hire a guide/outfitter or evenhunt on a lease. Much of it is on public land & the rest is on land that we hunt by being good neighbors/friends. I'm not saying that I'm against guides or leases, as it's a requirement to be able to hunt some areas. But it's tough to put out a video like that, on those terms, buti'm excited we were finally able to do it.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly what I am talking about WKP. I have a $200 camera, a bow and some camo. Nothing fancy, but,like the "Pro's" I harvest animals on a regular basis. Without the aid of paying an outfitter. Which to me is the greatest part about being a Sportsman. I watch the Eastman's outdoor series because they practice what they preach. The do DIY hunts all the time, and because they have money they throw in a guided hunt or two. They are the kind of "Pro" hunters that I enjoy watching. I envy the "Average Joe" hunters who genuinely Truly make it. On their own. Without the help of the "Man" If that is you then Kudos.

I say I will challenge any "Pro" to any kind of hunting.. I am not talking about making a DVD.. Or A TV show, I am talking about Hunting. Getting a critter on the ground. I am not even going to say I will beat a "Pro" but I guarentee that I won't be made a fool. Any one can kill a big deer,elk,moose, bear etc. With a guided hunt.. But can you do it by yourself? That's what makes a good Sportsman a Great Sportsman... In my opinoin.

Robin Aim.. If you want a challenge make sure you are signed up for the contest!

Old 08-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what makes Archers Choice pretty cool! Look at the posse alot of their hunts are done on their own hunting ground. Just like you and I hunt.