Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Something that I don't think we've ever polled:

Old 08-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Something that I don't think we've ever polled:

My immediate family owns 48 acres that we live and hunt on, and myuncle owns 52 right across the street. The rest of the land i hunt is privately owned by neighbors or distant cousins.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own the 30 acres we live on, and have 2 more acres nearby. My grandma owns 38 adjoining acres to my ground, so I've got a decent amount of ground just out the back door. My dad owns 40 acres 15 minutes from home. I don't hunt any public ground,except fordove hunting.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have about 850 acres...3 different farms, one has a campsite on it and another has a trailer hookup, so my buddies can have a place to come down and help defend the soybeans, corn, peanuts and wheat...
Old 08-20-2008, 08:08 PM

I own a 1/3rd interest in 475 acres.. But I spend just as much time on public land and on another piece of property that I lease.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:09 PM

And Quick, to answer your question, acreage is the the best investment. My equity in this property has doubled in 5 years.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own 20 acres of mixed hardwood/pine/thicket/big creek. I also own 5 acres with a overgrown fencerow laced with Oak trees right next to a pond and bedding area. Why am I not seeing the bucks I want? Beats the heck outta me.

LT
Old 08-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes we own 2000 acres aout a hour north of my regular house
Old 08-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

"yes we" How much have you contribued to we ?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

"yes we" How much have you contributed to we ?
Lmao!!

I myself picked the "I kinda own it option" being I'm the one paying the property tax on it. My dad don't hunt it no more after he moved 4.5 hours north of me. Its 130 acres I think. My dad owns the woods part (60 acres) and my brother just bought the agricultural land from him (70 acres). It works out well for everyone!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

im a mixed bag....from home i pretty much get permission....im practically family with a farmer...but he farms alot of land he doesnt own but gets hunting permission as well...some farms he can give me permission...others he sends me to the right door to knock on.

others i do my own door beating but not much...its about a lost cause around here....either EVERYONE is allowed or noone is allowed...

at school i hunt state game lands...tried beating on doors up there and had somewhat worse results..same thing either no hunting or ANYONE can hunt and its packed...the state game lands are my better option...atleast i can get away from the crowds there...

then, my buddy has a camp i goto and bowhunt...but doesnt own land...we have permission to hunt endless acres...more acres than we can walk in a day(weve grouse hunted practically ALL day and didnt touch it!) but we do stay close to camp for bow hunting...

my girlfriend goes to a different college...i MIGHT goto her college and do some hunting on some public land i found this year fishing...i dont know if i'll get time to scout or not though....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.