Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hate whitetail freaks and bow madness tv shows

Old 08-21-2008, 05:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I hate whitetail freaks and bow madness tv shows

Most of them have no choice in what they use. They use the products they are getting paid to promote.

rick
Old 08-21-2008, 05:11 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Don't forget that everyone on Whitetail Freaks are "average Joes" and any one can do what they are doing.

I think I am going down to the local John Deer tomorow and pick me up a tractor and all of the attachments needed to plant multi acre food plots so I can be an "average Joe" also.

Then yall can do a show about me.
Nah, you're still ugly. Cameras can't fix that.[8D][8D]

I got up and turned off Bow Madness lastnight...just got tired of all the crap with very little actual hunting action. Heh...actually logged on to read HNI lastnight after turning it off...evidently there is more entertainment value to be found here.
What?????? Get with the modern world. Get a remote or train the little woman better. [8D][8D][8D]
Old 08-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Well of course, that's pocket change for us "average Joes". ButI am still going to shop around for the beat deal cause money don't grow on trees ya know. I figureI can knock off about 50 - 60 grand off the sticker price.

Are you saying that you don't? Geesh You are obviously only a "mediocre Joe".
Oh no, I'm a "high rollin' Joe." We just picked up our second combine and a big rig and flatbed trailer to take them to all of our 3000 acre properties. We're making it rain Biologic on our land.[&:]

Yeah right, I wish.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Do you guys remotes not work?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Nah, they work. We just like to complain a little!

rick
Old 08-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh no, I'm a "high rollin' Joe." We just picked up our second combine and a big rig and flatbed trailer to take them to all of our 3000 acre properties. We're making it rain Biologic on our land.[&:]
LMAO! Show off!

Yeah, the remoteworks but that isn't any fun now is it? Actually I usually just get up and log on here or cook dinner or mow the yard or shoot my bow when these shows come on. I set the reminder on the TV for the shows I like and my son and daughter watch most of the rest of them.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't seen these shows yet, but it's tough to be in TV because you have to promote so heavily. That's why I won't touch TV with a ten foot pole!

I'm friends with Marc Baird who edits Bow Madness. I want to see it cause I know Marc usually does some unique stuff. I'll wait to see it, but I'm sure it's good.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Excellent. I was hoping someone from the show would see this thread and take it as a little constructive criticism. I think the hunting footage they use is excellent but I hate the gimmicks that some of these shows use.

rick
Old 08-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: thehairlessone!

Excellent. I was hoping someone from the show would see this thread and take it as a little constructive criticism. I think the hunting footage they use is excellent but I hate the gimmicks that some of these shows use.

rick
While it's funny to take some jabs I understand the reason some of these shows use the gimmicks. As Todd mentioned TV is a highly competitive market right now and there are 3 outdoor based channels plus VS. To make their show stand out some of these guys feel like they HAVE to use gimmicks. Having good footage and quality editing just isn't enough in some cases. Let's face it there is only so much creativity you can have with hunting footage. I think the better and more successful shows find their success by creating a storyline and having personalities that we can identify with.