Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very cool group of visitors past my trail camera

Old 08-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Very cool group of visitors past my trail camera

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I've been fortunate enough to see them quite a few times in the woods. I have seen females with litters of kittens on two seperate occasions both times in Vermont. One time they hung around the stand for several hours popping in and out of view. We also pushed one out of a deer drive once when I was a kid and it held tight till I was less than 20 yards from it. I've also called them in while coyote hunting when I didn't have tags for the bobcat and let them pass. They will chase a laser pointer like a house cat.

TFox, I think your referring to summer/winter phase bobcats and their coats. They tend to have more spots in the wintertime, their summer coats tend to get more of a gray/solid color pattern and from what I've seen stays that way till late Oct or so.

You guys are gonna make me break out that picture of mine that started the 30+ page thread a few years ago. [8D]

I guess it is possible but I believe I have seen them close enough to the same time of year with different color pahases.

The latest picture I posted is a much better representation of the ones I have seen.

I am by no means an expert though.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:55 AM

Greg / MO, I kinda new the size factors. I wasn't sure about the coats, colors, and features etc. The reason I asked is because that middle cat does not look to be 20-30 lbs. I figured the middle cat to be much heaver and and possibly the mother of two-one year old cubs. I guess it'sjust the position of the way that it is sitting that makes it look larger to me.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:16 AM

At my in laws, there is an area full of old tiff mines. They love those holes for dens.They are seen quite often in this part of Missouri.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

cool pic!