Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very cool group of visitors past my trail camera

Old 08-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Very cool group of visitors past my trail camera

I know you all are not going to believe me but I have seen probably 50+ bobcats in the woods over the course of a 40 year hunting career.Three years ago I killed two with my bow within 3 days of each other. That was a highlight of my bowhunting life.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah BUT, you got those little bitty buggers in Florida. We got REAL cats. LOL There are a lot of cats in the South which surprised me. 50, now that's a ton of cats.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Cool pic Greg. Better to see them than hear one scream 50' in front of you at O-Dark-30. That'll cause the color brown to be added to the camouflage pattern in your pant legs!
What? The bobcat isn't going to get your chicken little ass!! I haven't seen any around where I live but there plentiful up in northern Mn where I bear hunt. They are awesome creatures. Some day I hope to get one and get a full mount out of one.

Great pics Greg, thanks for sharing!
I'll tell you what brother, if you are walking quietly in the dark to get to the stand and it's nice and quiet and all of a sudden one of those lets out its' scream, if that don't startle the sphincter loose, I don't know what will. Just imagine walking down the trail to your stand all alone in pitch black and then a woman letting out a terrifying scream when you don't expect it. It'll get ya.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now thats a cool pic. one to be proud of. I have seen only two while hunting.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM

Heard of people seeing them around here but i'm yet to see one.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I've said it many times to a lot of different people... I'd give up my next P&Y buck to have a BIG bobcat standing in front of me.

My taxidermist is just plain awesome at mounting big cats. He traps a LOT of them, takes their pictures before dispatching them, studies them... I've never seen better work; they're simply gorgeous.
I shot one a few years ago but never got it mounted,I really regret that.

I have actually taken 2,one with a pistol and 1 with a bow(both were browns).I even passed on a grey that passed 10 yards in front of my stand after the landowner said he didn't want them killed.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I can say is I have heard them scream from about 200 yards away,if one was to cut loose in the dark within 100 yards of me,I would need to go to the house for a wardrobe change.[]

There was a little practical joke played on a certain member of the deer camp several years ago.There might have been a dead cat placed in a 10' ladder stand with his mouth propped open showing his teeth.

A certain unsuspecting sole might have gotten to his platform(right at daybreak)and let out a "scream" himself.It was reported you could hear him through the whole woods yelling a certain sombodies name and talking real bad about his mother.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: titleist_03

That's awesome. Keep him in Missouri though. I don't want to have to deal with him across the river.
sorry dude but we already have them.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have actually taken 2,one with a pistol and 1 with a bow(both were browns).I even passed on a grey that passed 10 yards in front of my stand after the landowner said he didn't want them killed.
Todd, are you referring to some sort of color phase in your locale? I've never heard bobcats being referred to in this way...
Old 08-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Very cool pic.

Quick Reply: Very cool group of visitors past my trail camera

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.