Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very cool group of visitors past my trail camera

Old 08-20-2008, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Very cool group of visitors past my trail camera

Cool pic Greg. Better to see them than hear one scream 50' in front of you at O-Dark-30. That'll cause the color brown to be added to the camouflage pattern in your pant legs!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

I agree. They are the coolest animal in the woods. I love to watch them. Talk about a lesson in stalking.....
Old 08-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool pic Greg. Better to see them than hear one scream 50' in front of you at O-Dark-30. That'll cause the color brown to be added to the camouflage pattern in your pant legs!
I heard one catch a rabbit 50' behind my stand once... I knew he lived in the area, so I was keeping a lookout for him. All of a sudden, I hear a bit of a noise like a jump in some grass, and then a rabbit cuts loose squealing. The jump was all I heard from the cat, but the rabbit's squeal was sort of eery in itself.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I heard one catch a rabbit 50' behind my stand once... I knew he lived in the area, so I was keeping a lookout for him. All of a sudden, I hear a bit of a noise like a jump in some grass, and then a rabbit cuts loose squealing. The jump was all I heard from the cat, but the rabbit's squeal was sort of eery in itself.
That scream is like a banshi's. It's bloodcurling. Don't know any other way to describe it. Don't ever want to hear it again.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:59 AM

Really cool Greg. I used to see them all the time up here but for some reason they have thinned out a little or I am just not lucky enough to see them.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here Kitty, Kitty.That is cool!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've said it many times to a lot of different people... I'd give up my next P&Y buck to have a BIG bobcat standing in front of me.

My taxidermist is just plain awesome at mounting big cats. He traps a LOT of them, takes their pictures before dispatching them, studies them... I've never seen better work; they're simply gorgeous.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for sharing. My most memorable experience while hunting was watching a bobcat stalk a turkey a few years back. The turkey got away by taking off like a 747, but just barely. What was neat was that I saw the thing developing while the bobcat was a good 100 yards out.

The turkey never even suspected a thing until the bobcat made its leap through the air.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

What? The bobcat isn't going to get your chicken little ass!! I haven't seen any around where I live but there plentiful up in northern Mn where I bear hunt. They are awesome creatures. Some day I hope to get one and get a full mount out of one.

Great pics Greg, thanks for sharing!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool. That would be awesome to see.

Quick Reply: Very cool group of visitors past my trail camera

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.