Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can shoot 1 pin out to 60yds.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I can shoot 1 pin out to 60yds.

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
I can keep rhythm with no metronome
No metronome
No metronome
You must have terrible rhythm then... because I can keep rhythm without a metronome.
without a metronome.
without a metronome.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can give a male mosquito a vasectomy at 100 yards with one pin and a fully deployed rage 2-blade ..
Old 08-21-2008, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

he never claimed that the bow was shooting dead on at 0 to 40 yds or that it shoots perfectly flat to 40 ydshe said and I quote"The ability to shoot one pin to forty yds."
And yes you can do that if you know how your bow shoots and compensate for it.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

So can a guy shoot a pin to 40 yards. YUP.
No he can't David......unless he's sighted in for that pin at 40yds. And that would render it uselss at 20.

He can shoot instictive or whatever he wants to call it. But the claim they were trying ot make is.....that he could put his top pin on the target and shoot there to 40yds (and everything below).

Can't be done.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Dominant Buck

he never claimed that the bow was shooting dead on at 0 to 40 yds or that it shoots perfectly flat to 40 ydshe said and I quote"The ability to shoot one pin to forty yds."
And yes you can do that if you know how your bow shoots and compensate for it.
I don't dispute hisstatement as being "non-factual". I question the sincerity of the claim. The "average"Joe willhear that andassume he'sclaiming he shootsflat to 40 yds.

If you take that claim literally.....EVERYONE (who employs a pin-type sight)can do the same.

He can't do thatwith that bow. Period.

That was the point I was addressing.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
I can keep rhythm with no metronome
No metronome
No metronome
I can shot a deerwith a single pin
A single pin
a singlepin

Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are a LOT of variables in such claims. I can shoot ONE pin to 24 yds with a margin of error of no more than 3" and at that margin of error, if I forget to hold under a tiny bit, I've still got a dead deer. I shoot for HUNTING ACCURACY, even though I do some target archery, all of my shots are with intention of eventually having a deer at the other end of that arrow. Certainly we all have different drives, skills, abilities, and goals, which explains part of why we may have many different set-ups.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have my bowtech 82nd airborne set up where my first pin is good out to 40 yards. I hit about an inch high at 20 yards and 2 to 2.5 inches low 40 yards. Now some may say that doesnt count because its not hitting directly where Im aiming. This is true but it suites my shooting style just fine. When a deer is close, like 20 yardsI always aim just about the top of the heart and hitting an inch high that puts me perfect for impact and at 40 yards I aim dead center if the deer doesnt jump the string I hit perfect and if it ducks a bit Im still dead center which will kill a deer any day of the week. Granted I know exactly where my arrow ill impact but in the situation that I dont have time to range the target I will garentee you my arrow will hit within a couple of inches of were Im aiming as long as the target is inside 40 yards. To me that justifies the speed right there. Its pretty easy to tell if a deer is inside 40 yards even if your bad at judging range, put the pin on it and kill it. When it comes down to crunch time it makes it a whole lot simpler to just put your top pin on the deer instead of trying to choose between 3 pins.