Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can shoot 1 pin out to 60yds.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I can shoot 1 pin out to 60yds.

Wait a minute GMMAT. Have you ever been to a top level sanctioned NFAA shoot and watched the barebow guys do their thing, or the string walkers. Barebow, no sights, no pins... just the tip of the arrow at targets from 10 yards to 80 yards. When I was playing around years ago JessieMorehead was a youngster whippersnapper. But he could shoot a barebow like no one else. He used to leave people shaking their heads when he'd beat many of the unlimited freestyle guys. They checked his bow, his string, his arrows, hell probably even the bill of his hat looking for markings he could use to aim with. So can a guy shoot a pin to 40 yards. YUP. When You learn the flight of the arrow and skills it's not as tough as you think.[8D]
Old 08-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's easy to do,heck I use to shoot 83 yards in my yard with 1 pin.

Of course,it was attached to a slide bar(movable)sight.[8D]

Old 08-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Drop I was not ragging on you, but your friend...compensating that much on alive animal.Why would you when there is the option of having a pin for that distance. I am not one to ever tell another what to doin their huntingarea, but if you are going to shoot that far why not have a pin dead on. As T fox stated at least use a slidebar style.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:37 PM

Correct me if Im wrong, but what I read into this is the with the PSE hesaid he could shoot to 60 yds with one pin right?? Ok well he is, but he is also holding 6" high to do it, in other words, if he wasn't doing that he would need a pin set for it right? ok so in reality his bow is not as flat as he's leading on right?? Correct me please. So he is really not shooting out 60 yds with one pin, yet he is....
Old 08-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichaelP

Drop I was not ragging on you, but your friend...compensating that much on alive animal.Why would you when there is the option of having a pin for that distance. I am not one to ever tell another what to doin their huntingarea, but if you are going to shoot that far why not have a pin dead on. As T fox stated at least use a slidebar style.
Because the pin would be to small for the eye to see, I am not going to draw it up tonight but I will just to prove the point. I call B>S>

Do a little trig.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-19-2008, 07:44 PM

I mean Drop come on man, you gotta tell the guy to stop with that. I just don't know why anyone would purposely set out to shoot a deer 90 yds. Just shoot a damn 3d target that far and be glad ya hit it. It's too risky to try on a live animal. BTW, I saw your my space pics....please don't beat me up!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I am with you Jim, when I get out to 50 or 60 practicing with my spot hog real deal with .19 pins... I think it becomes real hard not to cover my block much less a black dot on it. now i am being fecicious with that statement but you and I are in agreement. I was just asking drops opinion and not trying to argue with him.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats want the Hubble telescope is for
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Are you telling me someone can measure 6" at 50yds?

Where's the 6" measured from?

I'm trying to envision this.....[&:]
Old 08-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

10+ inches of compensation at 70 yards, imagine how deadly he would be if he used the correct number of pins[:-]
Hey, dont rag on me- I have 5 pins in my site. He actually does super well with his set-up. He's not afraid to shoot far at all. His goal this year is 90yards, der harvest.

At what distance is he sighted in dead on for?
I believe 20yards...He is pulling 96lbs and if I can recall correctly, he is shooting in the 350-360fps range, if not faster

Assuming he was shooting 360fps, if he was sighted in for 20 yards dead on he would be roughly 17" low at 50. If he was shooting 400fps (the fastest bow I've ever heard off and certainly well under 5 grains per pound) he would be 15" low.

Quick Reply: I can shoot 1 pin out to 60yds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.