Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Simple. Are you a better hunter because of what you read here?

Old 08-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Simple. Are you a better hunter because of what you read here?

I find it amusing if you said no you have a big ego and not humble.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

With traditional archery I pretty much owe whatever type of traditional ARCHER that I am to help I received here from some very patient individuals and some god given natural ability. I had the want but didn't know where to start and the guidance I got here definitely sped the learning curve.

With modern archery equipment.......not really, I just pretty much do what I do.

Hunting in general?........again not really. LOL

Old 08-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 08-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

My question is have you ever heard of a new tactic or something you haven't tried. if you have, have you actually tried that tidbit of knowledge.
Like what?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 08-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Dominant Buck

If your happy with the way you are hunting then I applaud you. But to my own self, not only in hunting but life in general, I have to strive to be a better individual.
Hellooooooooooooooo....since whendoes it make me a "Lesser" person for making a statement of fact. It doesn't make you a better person simply because you say you've learned something on HNI and I haven't. There was hunting LONG before there was an HNI. In 50 years don't you think I've figured out who I am as a hunter and a person? Hell, I went back to college at 60 just to pick up some skills on computers and ended up working in their IT department. Because I won't make mock scrapes doesn't make me a lesser individual. Besides that, I heard and tried them years before HNI. I found that I prefer stinky free low impact. Excuse me if I find no need for a Growler, or plumb bob or steady eddie. To my own self I do have to be true. And please don't think we're all just deadbeats out here who refuse to learn... or maybe follow. I think I've figured out who I am in life and in hunting. I have not found any earth shattering info that's made me change my mind in hunting here. THAT was the question.... not am I a better personin life etc etc etc. You're 26 and you insinuate we're a lesser person because we aren't trying to become better people. You know nothing of what we are or are doing or what we've done. The question was ask. I answered it and get all sorts of flak from self professed better people. Go figure. Again, I've learned nothing to make me a better hunter. I didn't beat my wife, kick the dog or run around with whicked women. I don't do drugs, lie or steal. I raised a family and served my country for a while. I ran my own business and sold out to retire. I'm not a useless slug out here refusing to be a better person.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

i guess the point i'm trying to make is that i believe weare always learning.
Which is why someone said before "why ask the question if the only answer is yes"
Old 08-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Ever since I joined this site- I havn't seen a deer.
Hahhaha That was my favorite post out of all 7 pages

Ryan.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

First that post wasn't pointed toward you or any one certain person for that matter. And second if it offended you or anyone else for that matter than I do apologize, I was simply stateing my opinion just as you did. I never said I was a better person than anyone. I know for a fact that I am far from perfect and to be honest I know you could probably hunt circles around me. I never meant to insinuate anything. I could only wish to have your knowledge and experience.

Actualy I'm just gonna concede and edit my post so this doesn't get blown out of proportion. I never meant to offend anyone and I apologize to you david.

Quick Reply: Simple. Are you a better hunter because of what you read here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.