Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Simple. Are you a better hunter because of what you read here?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Simple. Are you a better hunter because of what you read here?

Like a lot of people on here, I have learned lots about the tech stuff. As far as hunting is concerned, we'll see this year. I joined last season and pretty much hunted how I always do, but this year Im going to do some things different b/c of advice from this site. I take advice from everyone. At one time I said I was not influenced by anyone when came to hunting, well, that may be still true, but if I go out this year and try some things from here and kill deer, that will certainly be untrue!! This a great site, my purpose for coming isn't to learn, that just happens when you get involved, I come here for the talk and to see what other people are like and to get to know folks you normally wouldn't get to know.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

You bet. I might of been the same bowhunter eventually, jus learned quicker because of this sight. By the way this is the only hunting sight I go on

Old 08-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Doesn't learning new tips and tricks make you a more educated/better hunter? You have more "ammo" as a hunter so therefore you are better prepared=better hunter.
I aggre with you, I guess some people on here are too smart to learn anything.
I never said I didn't learn something....but if you RE-READ the titlequestion, and THINK about it, your talking about TWO totally different things. I HAVE learned stuff...Do I feel like it made me better as a hunter NO. I still hunt the way I've always hunted. Why over analyze it? Must the answer ALWAYS be what the "norm" is?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

When I read the title to this thread this first thing that popped in my mind was.......hmmm I bet I have an idea what davidmil would say. Even though I voted yes I agree with what he has to say in his post.........with the exception of his last comment. J/K ya davidmil.

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Can't really say I am. I've been hunting for 50 years and bowhunting for 38. I was bowhunting before most people on the board were born.I think before I came here 5 or whatever years ago I've seen it all or heard it all or read it all somewhere. I've hunted from Texas, to New England, to Georgia. If there had been such things as computers and talk forums when I began it could have saved me a lot of time and trials and tribulations.[&:] That said, there's also times where misinformation is being spread as the TRUTH. Usually someone will step up and point it out and it gets resolved, but still, there are times people will go with the misinformation. We'll all end up at the same place in the end, better educated whether it's threw trial and error, talk forums, magazines etcor a combination thereof. Personnally, I can't give you one instance where I've been wrong. LOL[8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 08-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

definitely yes there is something always to learn here
Old 08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

definitely yes there is something always to learn here
But learning what you learn here may not make you a better hunter. You know, kind of like the Vegetarian being an old Indian word for bad hunter. LOL If you've been here more than a couple years you know that year in and year out the same topics come up over and over and over. It only takes a couple DVD's or TV shows or a couple seasons on a message board for people to start parroting what they've seen and heard from "the Experts". There are people on here that have made statements almost word for word the way they heard them somewhere. BUT, I say unto all, nothing beats a whole lot of OJT, trial and error and just doing it. Doing it once doesn't make you an expert. Doing it a hundred times doesn't necessarily either. Nothing I've heard on here made me a better hunter. Someone said, well you learned about elk hunting. yes and no. I've seen videos, few articles and listened to our resident elk hunters talk about their elk trips.... but until my feet hit the ground it doesn't mean a thing. OK, I'll do the politically correct thing... "I once was lost but now I'm found. God and HNI made me a real hunter". GAG GAG SPITewwyyyyyy
Old 08-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Judging by some of the threads, Yes, I'm a better hunter than what I read here.[>:] Oh sorry it was because of what you read here.....

Yeah it's always good to hear how others do it, and why. It's also nice to have a sounding board for some of my plans.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know anyonethat knows it all, even old farts like me who people laughted at back in the 60's for bow hunting. I've met a lot of good people on this forum, and have been given the opportunity to hunt with many here. This forum is great place to bounce ideas around.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

noT A DOUBT IN MY MIND THIS PLACE HAS HELPED ME SO MUCH
Old 08-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, this site keeps me sharp andfocussed.

Quick Reply: Simple. Are you a better hunter because of what you read here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.