Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bachelor groups & age structure

Old 08-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bachelor groups & age structure

Another group that are running together. Like the deer in my first pic, I watched them enter the field and leave the field, together, on a few different occasions in recent weeks! There are two 1 year olds(one is not in the frame), 2 and 3 year old!

" />
Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, I went riding on the parkway today(early this morning)... Seen a group of 14 deer, every single one of them was a Buck. From little to at least a 3.5. I have a video, but its on a dvd, and I have no idea how to convert the file. My computers not even reading the disc.

Not saying this says how they travel.. but IDK, I seen just the other day, the absolute biggest buck I ver seen in my life about a mile down the road, with two other bucks, All three were over 120, with the biggest being depending on how many points well over 150. It was getting dark and I couldnt count. It was amazing. But there were no little bucks with them. I'd say they run the place. They didnt stick around either.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Like I said guys....this isn't MY rule.....just what I'm reading. I'm sure there are anomalies everywhere......but it was an interesting read.

Good stuff, Greg/BHF/Buckmaster/all.....and more of what I'm hopingto learn on these new grounds. I've actually never seen what I thought was a "bachelor group" before yesterday.....other than what I have on trail cams (which I have NO IDEA of knowing whether or not they're actually running together, or not).

How I missed this potential stand placement baffles me. It's a hot spot.