Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Story is Getting Better...

Old 08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Story is Getting Better...

Outstanding! Is there anything else he needs? I have a ton of spare stuff laying around. Harness?
Old 08-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

of my 2008 Bowhunting season. Some of you may remember the story I posted a while back about my brother wanting to start bowhunting with me. Well it is starting to come together. I thought for a few days it may never happen, but now it is working out. A huge Thank You goes out to a couple of HNI members for helping to make this happen. You know who you are.
First hurdle was a bow. Well my brother was not in the best of shape with his archery muscles, so I had my bow turned down to 50lbs. He could draw it and shoot really comfortably with it. A few adjustments and he is now hitting a coffee can at 20yds pretty consistantly. Now, I have to find him a 50lb bow within my/our budget. Not so easy when you want something with a fair amount of quality. So, anyway, I say, wait a minute, I am seeing all these 60 to 70lb bows in my budget, so why not just give him my bow, and buy another for me to shoot. Done deal. Now he will be shooting my '06 Equalizer and I will be shooting an '06 Allegiance. ( Another Huge Thanks goes to the guy who gave me a steal of deal on the Ally.)
So anyway, after 23 yrs I finally have my old hunting partner back. Sure does feel good too.

I know, he is still working on the form. I am trying to help.

LT
What's with the 2004 January time stamp. LOL I too have a fledgling bowhunter on my hands this year. My child hood friend, best man at my wedding and all that retired a couple years ago too. The last thing I had Len do before I left Maryland was change the modules on my Darton, make up some new arrows for a drop in weight, put on a new site and all that. My buddy after a couple lessons is smackingthe bulleyejust about every shot at 20. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. He's 26 days younger than me, but he's still 64. He's building a new home down near NyBowhunter in Lansing. His lot is on the town, city line. The guy that owns the land behind him says help yourself. Shoot all the damn deer you can. My buddy says they're like pets. Even the bucks stand 25 yards away and look at you with an expression of "What do you want". I suspect he'll have a deer opening morning. LOL.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome. my little brother is my only hunting buddy. Thank god for family
Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My little brother (2 years younger than I) moved home like 9 months ago. This will be the first seasonin manythat I will get to spend more than just two days in rifle with him. He is getting into archery more this year. Its really funny this post would be the first one that I notice tonight as I just sent my brother home to his wife after I spiffed up his old bear with some sights and a new quiver.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Site Buck Guru

Congratulations! Good story.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job guys getting some new bowhunters out there!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Great to see you get your hunting buddy back. Thanks for sharing.

Tim
Old 08-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

That a boy LT! Memories will be made, thats what its all about folks.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great to hear LT. Hope you both get a buck this year.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys for All the good luck wishes for this season. My greatest hope is that he at least gets "a" deer. Antlers really do not matter that much to either of us. (It is always nice to get a buck though.) The main thing is that we can do this together and be brothers again. It will also be therapy in a sense for him since he lost his daughter last Jan 31. I know getting back in a deer stand close to God will help.

Schultzy, you are right, memories will be made. Thanks buddy.

Thanks Everyone.

LT

Quick Reply: The Story is Getting Better...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.