Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

Old 08-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

With < 4 weeks to go 'til opening day.....I'm "done". I'm not going back into my hunting areas until 9/13 for any reason.

Are you "done"....or do you have unfinished business, "there"?

What's your frame of mind for the timing of staying out? Or....do you not buy into that train of thought.....and go in whenever you like (to check cams, cut lanes, scout, etc..., etc..., etc...?
Old 08-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

I haven't been to any of them since March.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

I still have some unfinished business in the woods...I'll probably stop going in 2 weeks before the opener...I only hit the woods during the middle of the day when most of the deer won't be moving.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Bruce I had to clear a walk-in path and pick some trees, yesterday. I knew I'd be going in in the dark to these spots....and I didn't know them. I haven't been on the "old" land since turkey season....but I know it well.

I think I did more good than harm, yesterday. I think I can get in there quietly, now.....and I already have the tree I want to get into opening morning........no matter which wind I'm faced with (I have 6-7 choices of morning stands, now).

If it weren't for new land acquired.....I'd have never gone in, period (except to pull my cam).
Old 08-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

One more trip, this week, to plant some no-plow food plots and put an extra rachet strap on each of the 3 stands we hung a few weeks back. That's it.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

I'm behind. I've still got to hang set's. But my problem has been seeing exactly what property I have permission too (you know my situation and it hasn't changed). I focused so much of my attetion on this one little property that I haven't even been to my other properties. So I'll be hanging set's during the opening month on new properties.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have got to set up 1 stand and plant a no-plow food plot at 1 location. I have to go to a couple of my other stands to put out and pick up game cameras.Our season starts Sept 20th.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

I still got a food plot to plant and one stand to put up. But there's at least two stands that I won't go near for awhile.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm basically done, saturday was my walk to find a better entrance point, and verify activity.

I'll keep visiting my camera site every 3-4 days, but that is not deep into my woods, and I dont hunt over it... I think the deer are used to it, the sound of the ATV is the "dinner bell" But I'll stay out of my hunting area until opener.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:59 AM

Done, as of yesterday. Trimmedsome access trails, hung a couple new stands,tweaked some shooting lanes. Finally got some rain and planted plots, and now it is raining on them again today. All I will do from here on out is check cams and growth progress on the plots, maybesome mockscrapes.

Quick Reply: Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.