Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

Old 08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

Jeff you're getting me worried that I'm waiting too long. I haven't even started yet. I have to go hang stands in west Texas this coming weekend and then in east Texas the following weekend. season opens on 9/27.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

We're on the same time table, Greg. My opener is 9/13.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff you're getting me worried that I'm waiting too long. I haven't even started yet. I have to go hang stands in west Texas this coming weekend and then in east Texas the following weekend. season opens on 9/27.
I wouldn't get to worked up tx. By the time 9/27 comes around the deer will have already changed there patterns some from now (today) till that date.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have at least one more trip to make for my out of state spot. My main spot there is no real reason to venture into my actual stand sights, but I will make some ventures there to observe from harmless locations.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive got two stands to setup yet and then ill be out of the direct areas untill 9/13 myself.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am done unless I can get a nice rain storm, then I am storming in one more time around noon to check out one more spot. Other than that, no more scouting, chiggers, or ticks for me until the season arrives in October!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I wouldn't get to worked up tx. By the time 9/27 comes around the deer will have already changed there patterns some from now (today) till that date.
Right on Steve! After the the first couple days everything changes! I'm never "done"!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm still exploring.I've moved to a piece of state land. Finding lots of places to go. I got to make at least one, probably 2 more trips in to select a couple more trees. Early bow starts Sept.27th. I'll be hunting on a big oak ridge about 500 yards off some fields and 2 roads. It's dead between the two roads. In the afternoon I'll move to a spot only about 200 yards off the road. I just got back from exploring the state land on the other side of one of the roads. Like a fool I left my damn GPS andTopo mapat home. Boy that ticks me off. I just took a quick cruise making a big figure 8.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't started yet...just got some new permission this weekend, and haven't even laid eyes on the property. Hoping to get out there this week and look around. I use a climber, so I'm not worried too much about actually setting stands, just picking some trees. of course, sight unseen, it may be a freecken hay field!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I still have four or five stands to hang. And i just moved my trail cameras to another property, so i want to see whats lurking over there.

Quick Reply: Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.