Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"crackerized" bows

Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default "crackerized" bows

Seriously, what is the deal? Aside from a new customset of strings, what does this guy do to a bow that makes it worth sending your bow to him in the mailand paying all that money to have him "crackerize" your bow?

I see people over at AT talk about getting their bows "crackerized" for quite a long time and even had people ask me about it at the shop.

Ijust want to know how can this guy "tune a bow to perfection" if the person that is going to be shooting the bow isn't there with him?

I mean, we are only talking about a bow here. It is nothing more than a machine. They aren't exactly all that hard to get one to shoot a perfect arrow.

Is it jsut the "in" thing to do over at AT?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "crackerized" bows

I work at juvenile prison basically and can tell you alot of the kids would like to "crackerize" me!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: "crackerized" bows

He takes a bow and gets it setup the way it should have been from the factory imo.He is able to get everything done at full draw and supposedly is getting more speed than the bows were designed to shoot,I doubt that personally,I just think he gets them where they are supposed to be.He might be able to tweak a little with less strands and such but not really all that much.

BUT,from what I understand,he puts strings and cables on a bow and gets it setup properly for what good set of strings and cables cost from somewhere else so it might not be a bad deal.

I prefer getting the bow setup with a creep tune and such and let the speed fall where it will,which is usually faster than when it came from the manufactuer.