Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does this spot look promissing?

Old 08-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does this spot look promissing?

Top pic is tree stand....next is looking in front of my stand...the next one is a left view, then right view.

And last is my ground blind for me and my son to sit in.

I can't wait for EVERYONES season to start, so we can take a break from Bowtech blah blah blah....RAGE this and that.....etc. I want to hear stories of the hunt, both successful and dissapointment, it's what bow hunting is all about. Good luck to each and everyone of you this year......AIM SMALL MISS SMALL!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does this spot look promissing?

looks like awsome spots to me solo!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sure it does. Are there many tracks in that dry creek bottom? How about trails passing across?

Is it normally dry and that water that's standing a good water source? Are you in a relative dry area where and this is a watering hole?

I know, lot's of questions but necessary or it would just look like woods. Ask yourself, why would a deer come through here.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 PM

Well I would like to see whats around that, but that looks like a great spot.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Sure it does. Are there many tracks in that dry creek bottom? How about trails passing across?

Is it normally dry and that water that's standing a good water source? Are you in a relative dry area where and this is a watering hole?

I know, lot's of questions but necessary or it would just look like woods. Ask yourself, why would a deer come through here.
Good questions Rob....In front of me is grand central highway, looks like a cattle path.There are a lot of tracks in the creek bed,but I didn't want to set up right on top of them, I am about 15 yards to the left (North) of the crossing. The creek has bigger pools of water here and there, some up to 5-6 feet deep, butI chose a crossing instead of the main water, besides the furthest away a pool is, is about 50 yards? It's not dry here in Illinois, although we are in a dry spell...but were due after the massive floods this spring and early summer.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Well I would like to see whats around that, but that looks like a great spot.
Well I am about 70 yards off a corn field, right on a huge bend in thethe creek, there is a hill about 90 yards right in front of me (where the ground blind is). I know it's hard to "see" with words, but I hope that helped.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

your stand and blind look like the ones i found in the woods lol nice set up
Old 08-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

your stand and blind look like the ones i found in the woods lol nice set up
Well then your tresspassing.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I have a spot just like that.. lol Even looks like the same stand and sticks.. Plenty of water where I am but they will drink from the creek sometimes. Can't stand it early cuz of skeeters though..
But that's wild, seriously looks the same.. OH, and Yes... Looks like a great spot and I'd be really excited.. Good Luck!!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: demoIL

Wow, I have a spot just like that.. lol Even looks like the same stand and sticks.. Plenty of water where I am but they will drink from the creek sometimes. Can't stand it early cuz of skeeters though..
But that's wild, seriously looks the same.. OH, and Yes... Looks like a great spot and I'd be really excited.. Good Luck!!
Your the 2nd person to say that it looks familiar....must be just Illinois
Get a Thermacell for those skeeters and life will be good.

Quick Reply: Does this spot look promissing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.