Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your thoughts on pressuring whitetails.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Your thoughts on pressuring whitetails.

What do you consider to be enough pressure to change a deer pattern?
I have my thoughts on this issue. But would like to hear from everyone else first. I think it takes a lot less pressure than what some people think that it takes to change their patterns.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Your thoughts on pressuring whitetails.

It depends on where he lives and the animal himself. The best rule is just don't crowd any of them or stink the place up. You can get away with a lot of mistakes in suburbia where they see people walking fluffy every day and feed on their shrubbery. Go to the deep woods of the Adirondacks and you can't make mistakes. Deer in one place are pretty much there. Deer in another travel great distances to feed and seek cover.There is no golden rule or rules except, play the wind. Heck, you can even violate that one where they smell BBQ and fluffys poop pile everyday. Farm deer tolerate tractors and plows and all that, but they won't stick around at yahoos wandering into their bedding area if they're old and smart. It depends on their options. Is there security close by, they'll move. Close by in the deep woods is not the same as close by on the prarie.