Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Relieved!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default Relieved!

Im finally done with hanging stands! On 160 acres I have 5 ladder stands, 2 hangers, and my climber. I just put up the last hanger today in probably will be the most productive area for bowhunting. Its 75 yrds from a large creek, and the trails that they are crossing on end up dividing on both sides of the stand. The tracks I've seen in the sand and mud on the bank of the creek are in the hundreds and a few are as big as my hand!

I put 30 pounds of corn in 3 places around that stand (before I hung it) and the piles were gone in two days. 180 pictures of deer in 2 days. I attached my climber to the tree that im gonna hunt the second day of season as well, climbed to a reasonable height and have 4 poplars surrounding me at about 30 ft. From this height I have all of their bedding areas in sight and within good shooting range.

It feels good after planting two plots, scouting every inch of the land, taking notes, pictures, and video to decide what goes where. I have met a few guys on HNI that have visited and one of them actually owns the neighboring land that we will now be sharing! Thanks JoeyG!

I locked the gates, and the only time Im going back may be to mow the clover (if we ever get anymore rain). Im stoked about the beginning of October being around the corner, and already have the first week all planned out (even with different winds).

Time to be a daddy and husband again for the next month and a half! It sure feels good to hve done it all, and dream each night of the 5x5 that I havejumped 3 times from the same bedding spot.He is gonna get the first hole in him if evrything works out!

I have 2 other leases that I have done minimal scouting on, but will be for muzzleoader or shotgun only because of the dense undergrowth. It would be next to impossible to track a deer in this stuff without morphine and a staple gun to stitch myself up!

Hope everyone gets their stuff up safely and best of luck to all....especially my teamates!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Relieved!

awesome, too bad you have to wait till october!