Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D target as decoy

Old 08-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Spike

Default 3D target as decoy

Does anyone orhas anyoneever used a 3D target as a decoy? I'm thinking about trying it this year. I have had a ton of success with calling in bucks so I figured it would be cool to see how they react to a decoy.If using a buck decoy do you want the decoy facing you so the other bucks will come around in front of it and facing away if you have a doe decoy so the buck will come around behind her. Also what decoy has worked best for you?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3D target as decoy

I am planning on using a 3d target decoy this year, first I have to fix it because the legs are all torn off. Its gonna through a hard life.

If I did a buck I would only use one antler take one off so it doesn't scare off the smaller bucks. I wouldn't have the buck facing you because then the other deer might think something is going on. I dont think it really matters to much about which way they are facing just dont face them towards you.

This year im gonna try the half rack during the late season then do a doe during the rut and nothing in the beginning.

I think I might try and spray some of the tinks #1 Doe-P Deer lure on the doe or on the ground around the doe and then call in a buck if possbile.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Spike

I thought you wanted a buck facing you so when another buck postures up he will come around the front to intimidate and/or start the fight? I'm sure opinions will vary quite a bit on this thats why I hope to here from people with all kinds of decoy experience.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol, hehe, stupid me. I though you wanted the buck to acually looking at you...
i would put broadside of you so you get a broad side shot on the deer.