Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

10 yard pin as 20 yard pin?????

Old 08-17-2008, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 10 yard pin as 20 yard pin?????

ORIGINAL: fletch920

For hunting, the fewer pins the better.
I couldn't agree more. That's why I use anHHA single pin sight.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Tim:

LOL...I don't wanna get into another "discussion" like we had in the last thread. Just go try it and see for yourself

Ah....EI....but there's something you're not divulging. The less moving parts, the better, also.Multi-pin sights have no moving parts to change yardages.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Tim:

LOL...I don't wanna get into another "discussion" like we had in the last thread. Just go try it and see for yourself

Ah....EI....but there's something you're not divulging. The less moving parts, the better, also.Multi-pin sights have no moving parts to change yardages.
I'm not quite shore if I get the gist of this.Anyway, when I set my single pin, in my case,at 20yrds (I won't shoot past 30), that's where it stays. There is no changing/adjusting for various yardages. Hence, no moving parts.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:25 AM
Dominant Buck

The "gist" of it is....sights with multiple pins don't have moving parts. Never have to move anything to use it.....and there's never a chance of it being "set" on something else when the moment of truth comes.

That's all.....and enough for me.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

It would depend on your bow wieght as well as arrow wieght as to what you shoot for sight pins IMO. I use heavey wieghts and mine are set at 20-25-30 and it does well with me. After 20 yard it will start dropping on me and 35 yards is the max I shoot. I love it when it goes atraight threw them..
Old 08-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

When shooting from an elevated platform though, you need to be careful. Should you have to shoot in close, your 20 yard pin might be off because of the downward angle.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with livbucks, I have to keep reminding myself I hunt from the ground only..
Old 08-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Dominant Buck

When shooting from an elevated platform though, you need to be careful. Should you have to shoot in close, your 20 yard pin might be off because of the downward angle.
Give me an example, guys.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I a firm believer that the arck in the arrow would be greater when shooting downward therefor giving be a poorer hit..
Old 08-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Let's not make this harder than it needs to be for the boy.

Yes, elevated shots should be practiced however, using perfect form and bending at the waist your arrow should be dead nuts where you hold.

BUT if you don't bend at the waist but simply drop your bow arm yes, your arrow is going high because of poor form (ie your changing the triangle from peep, sight, anchor)

Quick Reply: 10 yard pin as 20 yard pin?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.