Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hows my form (theres a surprise in this thread)

Old 08-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default hows my form (theres a surprise in this thread)

I saw someones thread asking how there form was... Well I was just wondering what you all think about mine.

heres a picture.

I feel comfortable with my form and thats all what really matters, but any feedback would be very appreciated.

Well after I was done fiddling around with the form picture I decided to shoot a little bit.

I started at 25 yards. Heres my grouping.

note: there is 5 arrows in all. theres three bunched up close to eachother in the middle.

now heres the surprise.

I moved the target to 20 yards to get my main pin's group.

well just so happends my fourth shot was a lucky one.

The grouping could be closer but I am very very very happy for my FIRST split arrow.

Im pretty dang happy about this. I have been shooting arrows so many times that are pretty much touching each other but never got it exact. By the way these are my brand new arrows. Not even a week old. Im down to three arrows because of those two and then the first day I got them I shot one arrow in and I went inside to get something then back out and I was at a differant angle when shooting the other arrow and it nailed one of them and snapped it in half. Im gonna go in tuesday to get a new string and then im gonna get some more arrows. (for hunting). the three that are left will be practice.

Note: im 13 and have been shooting for 4 years now, second year with my diamond rapture lite.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hows my form (theres a surprise in this thread)

Congrats, they are cool until you start to add up what they cost you[:@]Soon you will want to shoot each shot at a different spot. Good shooting.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

thats pretty sweet. Way to go. By the way, if your form works for you, stick with it.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been working on form myself, so Im not gonna mention anything there, you'll get plenty of help with that, I just wanted to congradulate you on your Robinhood.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice shooting young man! Congrats on your robinhood also.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks everyone. My dad is up in minnesota baiting bear at the momment and I got a hold of me and he is so excited to see it. I told him now I have to buy myself some new arrows. He goes "ill buy you as many arrows as your need". I dont have to worry about the price now.

I shot that 4th shot and I heard a crack noise and thought that I might have just hit the edge of it. Then I saw it and the arrow didn't even get to the target then I got all pumped up and I go. "Oh My God, mom I think I might just have split an arrow." I ran to the target and I pushed the first arrow out more so I can see it all and it was so beautiful lol. I was jumping up and down and smiling so big.
Lol, a split arrow is a HUGE (probably the best) acheivement for a young teenager with their bow while practicing.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stand up straight, you are leaning way back,and get your body and shoulders square with each other. I would also shorten up the release so you aren't having to extend your finger to reach the trigger. Lower your release hand , it is causing your arm to be very high above your shoulders. Your body should literally look like a "T" at full draw.

Also shorten the peep tubing so that it isn't so tight that it is bending your string at full draw and so it doesn't break and pop you in the nose or eye.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Watch yourself in a mirror and try to keep your shoulders over your feet while keeping you hips inline as well.I can't tell if you are leaning back or you just have your hips pushed forward.

Get an arrow on that string so you don't accidently dry fire the bow.

AND,good catch by bigbulls,that tube is way too short.

Your release might be a tad too long as well.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

No arrow while full drawn?? HUMMM don't shoot!!! Might want to put an arrow on there next time.

Congrats on the Robin hood!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:51 AM

jw, what are the specs on that bow?

Quick Reply: hows my form (theres a surprise in this thread)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.