Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climber tip

Old 08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Climber tip

I have finally mastered the art of making adjustments while in the tree. First the upper portion then the lower. Just make sure that they are connected and that you are wearing a safety harness. Actually, i don't recommend this at all. I'm sure my luck will run out and i will be stuck up in a tree staring down at the lower portion of my climber.
I have an equalizer, I can adjust as I go, VERY safely. IMO, the BEST climber on the market.

www.equalizertreestands.com
Old 08-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

When you go around in the summer (or spring) and test climber trees, take a notepad and write down which "settings" you use for each tree. Most all climbers have settings (ie tree width) and I have found if you write them down, and create a sheet with info for each tree, you make life easier when you get to the tree.

Example info for each tree:

Winds:S,SW,W ( I will be using Greg H's tactic of wind degrees this year)
Settings: Top-4 hole Bottom-2nd hole
Ahhh... bullhockey.[8D] Don't come hunting in my woods. We might start out and end up on state land a mile off the road and decide, "this spot looks good. Lots of sign, some nice trees... let's do it". No way in hell am I hauling around a climber on scouting trips so I can climb a tree and make some note I have to turn on a flashlight to read. If you use a climber exclusively, as I pretty much do, you can pick a tree, put the stand around it at the right hole and go to it. Plus, now that I have the Equalizer I don't care what the numbers are. Nope, not lugging a stand around in the summer stinking and banging through the woods to predetermine which hole to put a pin in. If your stand is that tempermental, you need a different stand. It's suppose to be fun.... not anal.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

When you go around in the summer (or spring) and test climber trees, take a notepad and write down which "settings" you use for each tree. Most all climbers have settings (ie tree width) and I have found if you write them down, and create a sheet with info for each tree, you make life easier when you get to the tree.

Example info for each tree:

Winds:S,SW,W ( I will be using Greg H's tactic of wind degrees this year)
Settings: Top-4 hole Bottom-2nd hole
Ahhh... bullhockey.[8D] Don't come hunting in my woods. We might start out and end up on state land a mile off the road and decide, "this spot looks good. Lots of sign, some nice trees... let's do it". No way in hell am I hauling around a climber on scouting trips so I can climb a tree and make some note I have to turn on a flashlight to read. If you use a climber exclusively, as I pretty much do, you can pick a tree, put the stand around it at the right hole and go to it. Plus, now that I have the Equalizer I don't care what the numbers are. Nope, not lugging a stand around in the summer stinking and banging through the woods to predetermine which hole to put a pin in. If your stand is that tempermental, you need a different stand. It's suppose to be fun.... not anal.
Let's see who puts bigger deer on the ground!!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Dominant Buck

What state do you live in? Hunting ability is not determined by who gets the bigger. Getting the BIGGESTis a matter of hunting land available and genetics of the area, deer density etc. OH, I just checked your profile... surprise surprise, you live in Illinois. That always makes it easy to challenge someone to "Let's see who gets the biggest". LOL I also notice you're what, 21, come back in 30 years and tell me you're still doing it. LOL
Old 08-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

What state do you live in? Hunting ability is not determined by who gets the bigger. Getting the BIGGEST is a matter of hunting land available and genetics of the area, deer density etc. OH, I just checked your profile... surprise surprise, you live in Illinois. That always makes it easy to challenge someone to "Let's see who gets the biggest". LOL I also notice you're what, 21, come back in 30 years and tell me you're still doing it. LOL
Hehe. Just joking around. I know there are not any big deer in Ohio! [:-]

I'll still be here in 30 years...how about you?![8D]
Old 08-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Equalizer, do they make that without the rail around the front?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Grizz, I do not believe so.

However, I am not sure how I lived without it. This is the single greatest stand I have ever seen. I got the backrest with it. I can face both away, and to the tree. Bow wise, it is not a problem for me. I give them 12 out of 10 stars.

To be 100% honest, I would not take another climber if it was given to me.

Ok, false. I would resell the gifted stand to buy another Equalizer!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Grizz, I do not believe so.

However, I am not sure how I lived without it. This is the single greatest stand I have ever seen. I got the backrest with it. I can face both away, and to the tree. Bow wise, it is not a problem for me. I give them 12 out of 10 stars.

To be 100% honest, I would not take another climber if it was given to me.

Ok, false. I would resell the gifted stand to buy another Equalizer!
Thanks, I'll check one out.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

Go that Grizz, you will love it.

BTW, the deer in your avatar is TALL. Well done.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Climber tip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.