Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great Mature buck thread

Old 08-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Great Mature buck thread

On Michigan forum. Eberhart jumped in

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246381

Michigan's mature buck to breeding doe ratios being so out of whack is another reason our mature bucks move less during daylight hours, even during the rut. Matriarch does in heavily hunted areas will seek out one of the, if there are any, dominant mature bucks (usually a specific one) to breed her, they definitely know where they live and frequent, so the mature bucks do not have to travel as much. The chase phase still occurs, but it is in a much more confined area during daylight and that area obviously expands during the security of darkness. I have witnessed this type of doe activity on many occassions.
I knew it, the ladies go to Mr Mass, sob[:@]
Old 08-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Great Mature buck thread

So thats why the women keep following me [&:][8D]
Old 08-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome thread! I definitely like what that guy "swoosh" had to say.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Site Buck Guru

Wow, this is a great thread. I'm simply amazed that there was such a lack of interest in it!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

John Eberhart is one of my guys! I don't idolize anyone, but that guy just tells it like it is and hunts! His words make alot of sense to me and the conditions I hunt. Good man!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

There was some real meat in that thread!! That was a top notch discussion! Funny to see people get in John Eberhardts face.(stupid really)
Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

So thats why the women keep following me [&:][8D]
Do they look like this??

Meet mrs atoinette m. doe

Old 08-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Bartender

It makes common sense.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: tsoc

There was some real meat in that thread!! That was a top notch discussion! Funny to see people get in John Eberhardts face.(stupid really)
It has nothing to do with "hunting"

John is has taken a stance against x-bow inclusion in MI, people in his grill are for it
Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

On Michigan forum. Eberhart jumped in

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246381

Michigan's mature buck to breeding doe ratios being so out of whack is another reason our mature bucks move less during daylight hours, even during the rut. Matriarch does in heavily hunted areas will seek out one of the, if there are any, dominant mature bucks (usually a specific one) to breed her, they definitely know where they live and frequent, so the mature bucks do not have to travel as much. The chase phase still occurs, but it is in a much more confined area during daylight and that area obviously expands during the security of darkness. I have witnessed this type of doe activity on many occassions.
I knew it, the ladies go to Mr Mass, sob[:@]
Good thread Germ.
I posted about this last year or the year befor, when someone had a topic on how many times a Doe would come into heat. May have to get right into Mr Mass bedroom to get a tag on him .
Who is Thunderhead on the other forum? Cant think of but a couple people it could be.

Speaking of Eberharts stance on the Xbow, looks like they made it easier for handicapped or disabled to get a Xbow permit, which was a good thing, old regs were quite harsh.

Quick Reply: Great Mature buck thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.