Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Form????

Old 08-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default My Form????

Hey guys its olten again some of you requested to see my form so you can know where to help me. Take yours shots i can use all of the constructive critisizm i can get. This is at 50# with a 27" draw

P.S. sorry the sun was shining and i had to do self timer and my camera screen is broken sooo yea

Thanks
Colten

Old 08-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Form????

To me, you look twisted at the waist.

Besides that....I'd have to say that your make-up makes you look a little trashy. Who does your eyes??? Earl Scheib? J/K

Can't resist making just one smart-butt comment when it comes to form.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

I am not the one you need to answer this but you look wide open and your release hand is rolled over.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're shoulders are too open, try closing those up and you're back elbow will come up. Your draw length appears to be long right now, but get your shoulders right and you'll be close.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your draw length is to long.....are you double jointed in the elbow?
Old 08-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I personally dont think my draw length is too long it feels fine and i dont have to strain to get it back my elbow just does that and my hand isnt rolled over it kinda looks like it though and the guys at the archery shop set it up to fit me thats just how i keep it balanced and steady is to stretch like that but i kinda changed my form today so its not like that totally any more.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Your draw length is to long.....are you double jointed in the elbow?
Looks to long to me too.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Square your shoulders(perpendicular to the target)as Matt suggest.Then get a shorter release,or shorten the one you have if possible.You want your finger over the trigger like my son in my avatar.

Then I would suggest lowering your anchor a bit.You need to relax your release hand wrist as well,it should be more in a line than what you have.This should allow for more solid anchor points on your face,such as your jaw line with the hand and the string crossing the corner of your mouth and touching the end of your nose.(just popular points of reference)

I believe you make some of these changes,your draw length will look better,it does look long now but there is much going on with your form causing it.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

Alright i will work on my form and repost some pics when i get better i really appreciate yall not picking at me but using constructive critisizim to help me out. I really do feel at home at this forum lol.

Thanks
Colten
Old 08-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

I am no expert but it does look like you might need to lower your anchor and might be a touch too long

rick

Quick Reply: My Form????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.