Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stray shots?

Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Stray shots?

I need to ask the moreaccomplished shooters a serious question. I'm referring to the Matt's, Rob/PA bowyer's, TFOX's, GregH's, Hunsucker'sand so on.I know I left many out, but you guys know who you are. But anyone can reply.I'm wondering if you guys get that occasional stray shot, I mean areal stray shot (1'-2') off, when you practice?
I'm agood shot, not great,andI'm almost always consistant. My form is also consistant.But on occasion I'll get a shot that is totally off as a result of trigger punch. I can be shooting fine, and then out of nowhere I start attempting to punch the trigger. I'm usually (not always) able to stop it at thevery last second, but I don't know why this happens. Any thoughts on this phenomenon?I just started shooting for the season this morning.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:27 PM

Default RE: Stray shots?

ORIGINAL: early in

I need to ask the moreaccomplished shooters a serious question. I'm referring to the Matt's, Rob/PA bowyer's, TFOX's, GregH's, Hunsucker'sand so on.I know I left many out, but you guys know who you are. But anyone can reply.I'm wondering if you guys get that occasional stray shot, I mean areal stray shot (1'-2') off, when you practice?
I'm agood shot, not great,andI'm almost always consistant. My form is also consistant.But on occasion I'll get a shot that is totally off as a result of trigger punch. I can be shooting fine, and then out of nowhere I start attempting to punch the trigger. I'm usually (not always) able to stop it at thevery last second, but I don't know why this happens. Any thoughts on this phenomenon?I just started shooting for the season this morning.
Now im not claiming to be the best shooter out there but 1-2 feet off? I cant see how that can just be trigger punch, im excited to hear what the experts say on this 1.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I though you were talking 1-2 inches....maybe thats what you meant. I get that all the time...of course im no Hunsucker or GregH
Old 08-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Dominant Buck

EI....I'm not a world class shooter...but I did win a few tournaments last year. I got "OK" at target archery.

End resume'.....

I called Matt (Rick James) once last year.....because I was having issues. BIG issues. I glanced one off my 3D buck...from TWENTY YARDS. I was afraid to shoot the damned thing. I remember what it was, now....and it was easily fixed.....but I got shook.

So yeah....it happens....or, at least, it happened.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

I though you were talking 1-2 inches....maybe thats what you meant. I get that all the time...of course im no Hunsucker or GregH
No, I'm not talking inchs. Being 1"-2" offwouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey some people would fret over inchesI dont know if i ever had one go more than a foot off, and i shoot at least a hundred arrows a week during the season. But i stick to hunting scenarios, and max i 40 yards even for target.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey some people would fret over inches
I'm not one of them.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Target panic is a horrible disease...I have had it a couple times,,,,,,baaaaaad. 1-2ft off is about the norm if you got it bad...... Happens to alot of archers. You can get through it though. Just tell yourself to calm down and make every shot count every time..............
Old 08-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

when is it in the shot sequence is it later in your practice or is it early on. my guess is...is you are tired and your a couple of the the shots just stray. if i were you i wouldnt worry abou it all you need it one[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've "yipped" a couple times. I'd miss the whole flipping block...by a lot. It was just some wierd "jump" as I went to hit the trigger. I haven't had one in a pretty good while now.

Quick Reply: Stray shots?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.