Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Venison supply

Old 08-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Venison supply

Boy I just noticed that my Venison stash is getting LOW! I just busted out the last of my chops. I have about 6 pounds of burger and 1 steak! This is from a total of 3 deer!!!!!! I need to stick one early to replenish the freezer! Time to panic....[:-]

How quick do you guys go thru venison????
Old 08-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Venison supply

its ok you will wack the first nanny you see
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a hard time getting rid of 2 deer. I'm the only 1 who will eat it in my family. I give alot of it to the landowner. He hates hunting but loves the meat. Equal trade for me.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me too man, we've had deer 3 nights this week. Wife and I are trying to empty the freezer before the season.

Not to mention I've got a black angus thats ready for butcherin!
Old 08-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

one year dad and i put 4 deer in the freezer....all 4 deer were gone by mid summer...

this year i put 2 in the freezer...dad pretty much single handedly ate both...gone in June sometime...

dad has a bad habit of eating it ALL the time when its there...then it gets low and he slows down trying to make it last...he doesnt pace himself at ALL lol...when we had 4 in the freezer we had steak and eggs for breakfast all the time lol....tubes of sausage and bologna in the fridge for snacks...sausage or chops or steaks for dinner...

we are the only 2 that eat it in the house....it dont goto waste!! he will give away a pack of sausage here or there...i dont mind...he foots the butcher bills....i just usually do the work! been some time since dad put one in the freezer!