Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your driving force behind hunting?

Old 08-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What is your driving force behind hunting?

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360
What goes through your head when the alarm goes off at 4:30 in the morning that tells you to put on some camo. Is it the chance that a big buck will walk right by your stand, or as simple as just spending some time in the woods? Simplified, Why do you hunt?
1) I gotta get up and get outta here before my wife gets up and stops me!
2) I gotta get to the stand b4 daylight!
3) It's finally here and I can forget about work for awhile!
4) This is my lucky day!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:30 PM

Paging Doctor Phil.......Hello....Paging Doctor Phil......[8D]

cant have success without first trying.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't remember not getting up before my alarm on a hunting morning. I usually can't get to sleep the night before either.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm pretty much in the woods year around, I love every aspect of it! The boy and I go for walks or scout and glass for critters every chance we get! I wait all year long for hunting season so actually getting up in the mornings or being ready is never a problem! I don't really have to think out it or make it happen, it just does, it what I want to do!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am a hunter. That is all the motivation I need to wake up and hunt.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

truthfully, im not a big fan of evening hunts, but i love getting in the treestand30 min. b4 light and watching nature wake up around me
Old 08-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

depends for me....

there are days i went hunting JUST to take a nap....thats no lie...

i remember one day 2 years ago....warm fall day...worked since 730 that morning so i was up at like 5...had a headache...house was always a ZOO...had no intentions on seeing anything...took my bow just incase...went to a spot i didnt have any fears of spooking anything...climbed the tree....kicked back...dont even think i raised my bow or pack...woke up and the stars and moon were out...it was WELL past end of light...

i hunt because i WANT to....but always a different driving force....heck...some days, i wont lie...i dont want to...cold and raining, terrrribly windy, exhausted, etc...i'll shut the alarm off and go back to sleep...i will never let myself feel like i HAVE to hunt or MAKE myself hunt...i hunt for enjoyment...if i gotta force myself, how much enjoyment can i possibly be getting??

but one day i get up to have a good time with the buddies driving deer or hunting grouse...other days i wanna kick back and relax...others i am pumped up hoping the bucks are running hard...others im pumped to see the fall foliage...

i absolutely LOVE sunrises...most people make a big stink about sunsets....to me, sunrises are awesome...listening to the woods wake up...listen to the night time critters going to bed...there is absolutely nothing like a spring sunrise IMO...and to think....how many millions of people rarely even see the sunrise let alone be out there in mother nature expiriencing one unfold..just amazing to me.

i try not to let the little things pass me by....the red tailed hawk that nailed a bird out of sky and made a poof of feathers...the squirrels and chipmunks playing...the birds...the fox...whatever....i try to take it all in and enjoy it all...

yes, im out there to kill something...but i dont let that take 100% all of my attention and focus...i dont make it a chore to ensure something dies...i enjoy the kill....but i learned a lonnnng time ago that theres alot more to hunting than the death of an animal...
Old 08-15-2008, 03:13 PM

Now that I remember it, watching all the nooks and crannies come to life and all the plants turn into a green color. I think I need to hunt harder this year and be quieter and move less on stand, mabey ill see more deer. When I see deer in a spot its easy to go out there, when Its been 2 weeks and you havent seen a thing move, my desire weakens, Im moving my stand and putting it where I seen some deer.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i get to set in a stand for hours wait for a deer sometimes just sit there doing nothing. mmm i wonder lol.

at first it was meat i did no feel much my first year or two. but last year i got it bad
it just is the uncontrollable need to hunt
Old 08-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Well its almost 10 mins wiht out a new reply made to any post so,

I have trouble getting up in the morning to go hunting any advice?
Hunt in the evening

Quick Reply: What is your driving force behind hunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.