Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your driving force behind hunting?

Old 08-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Spike

Default RE: What is your driving force behind hunting?

Bowtech, try hunting with a friend. It makes you accountable to each other for getting up and can save gas if you have to drive. Thats what has helped me in the past, although I cant say ive had any issues in the past couple years due to a growing obsession. Now I have GMMATs problem
Old 08-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Can't help you there, BT. I have trouble going to sleep the night before.
I'm lucky if I get 3 hours every 24 hours, even in the off sesson. I can't sleep[:@].
Old 08-15-2008, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: NCBloodtrailer

Bowtech, try hunting with a friend. It makes you accountable to each other for getting up and can save gas if you have to drive. Thats what has helped me in the past, although I cant say ive had any issues in the past couple years due to a growing obsession. Now I have GMMATs problem
1. I dont drive
2. My hunting land is 300 yards from my back door
3. I have no1 to hunt with
4. Im going to drive a hybrid to save gas when I do.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Like 'earlyin' said, "just being in the woods." Even though I am deer hunting, I still enjoy the simple things like identifying different birds and watching the squirrels chase each other. To me,it is just extremely relaxing to sit in a treestand and not be thinking about work and the things in life that stress you out. I am not nervous or tense when I'm on stand...I'm totally relaxed and in tune to my surroundings.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

ORIGINAL: NCBloodtrailer

1. I dont drive
2. My hunting land is 300 yards from my back door
3. I have no1 to hunt with
4. Im going to drive a hybrid to save gas when I do.
I think people with excuses just dont have the passsion for it like most do here. Not that its a bad thing, Ive slept in before on the occasional morning too...But if you need convincing to head out, maybe take a break from it and see if you even miss it? IDK, I just pray I never have to convince myself to go hunting.

I often find myself waking up 10 minutes BEFORE the alarm with that panic swept feeling of OH **** IM LATE. That little panic makes me alert till around lunch time for some reason, hard to settle back down when I wake up like that.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

What drives me to hunt? All of the things that everyone's already named. I love being in God's creation. Even if I don't shoot a deer, I love to watch them. Or watch the squirrels, birds, or whatever comes by. It's such a peaceful time...there's nothing like hearing the woods wake up in the morning. And when a shot comes, be it a buck or a doe....that feeling is unmatched in the world.

It's funny though, getting up to be at work by 8:00 is damn near impossible. But if I have to get up at 4:00 to go to the woods, I almost always wake up before the alarm...especially in the early season. Yep, I've got my priorities in line!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

1) Spending time in the woods
2) Quiet time to clear my head
3) The taste of backstrap
4) My wife telling me if I don't get her some, she won't give me none!

(Ok, just kidding on the last one.)
Old 08-15-2008, 01:18 PM

I just love beeing in the outdoors experienceing God. And the fact that nature happens around you and you are practitcally invisible to them is amazing to me.

I also have trouble going to sleep the night before. Im lucky if I get to sleep by 1 or 2[]But I also have no trouble waking up any time I go hunting.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:25 PM

I was just thinking to myself and now youll think I just went to a shrink but I just thought of this, I think I dont want to get out there for fear of failure? When I get home my whole faimly is there asking, what you did you see, nuting..
Old 08-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Dominant Buck

I was just thinking to myself and now youll think I just went to a shrink but I just thought of this, I think I dont want to get out there for fear of failure? When I get home my whole faimly is there asking, what you did you see, nuting..
Killing something does NOT = "success"

You and I need to talk!....lol

Quick Reply: What is your driving force behind hunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.