Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

D-Loop Trouble

Old 08-15-2008, 09:05 AM

Default D-Loop Trouble

Do you guys ever have a hard time finding your d-loop? In low light conditions I find it very hard to find mine. Also, my d-loop is not sticking straight back its 9- degrees counter clockwise of where I want it to be.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: D-Loop Trouble

As long as your loop and your peep align, correctly....you can twit your string on stand to alleviate the twisting problem.

I also went with a high(er) visibility loop material color to make sure I could get to it quickly.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

As long as your loop and your peep align, correctly....you can twit your string on stand to alleviate the twisting problem.

I also went with a high(er) visibility loop material color to make sure I could get to it quickly.

Hope this helps.

That is very cool. And yes the peep always lines up right.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have that happen to my d-loop to but as i put pressure on it, it turns back straight and the peep lines up correctly.......................and i have bright yellow nocks on my maxima hunters, so i know that my d-loop is right behind the nock
Old 08-15-2008, 09:34 AM

I never seem to have that problem, its routine to me!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

i agree with bowtech....i dont even have to look...ive hooked up while watching deer...i rather not have to move my head, take my eyes off the deer and risk getting busted...just keep my eye on them and hook up when they arent looking
Old 08-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hope this helps.

florecent colors are the way to go for a hunting rig fo sho..........
Old 08-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe I am in the minority but I have my release hooked to the d-loop most of the time while I am hunting. Otherwise I hunt out of a ground blind so that much movement below the window is usually no big deal.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a thumb trigger release. I just clip it on and let it hang. No worries about hooking up with deer in front of me.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Dominant Buck

qz.....

What happens when you mistakenly hit that trigger?

LOL....I'm using one this year, too....but mine has a wrist lanyard. I LOVE my Just Cuz.....and I may get another one (sold mine[:@]) and use the one I have (with the lanyard) as a backup.....and just do what you do.

The Just Cuz I sold is th eone in the photo. Love it. Wish I still had it.

Quick Reply: D-Loop Trouble

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.